The One With the Suspense

Few Days Later:

Charu was sleeping peacefully as it was Saturday morning and she was not in a mood to wake up anytime soon. Even her mother got tired of waking her up and went to her work.

She was feeling so lazy that even the open curtains that allowed sunlight couldn't even break her sleep. But after few minutes, her mobile started to ring. She slowly rolled around the bed cursing herself for not putting her mobile on silent mode. She took her mobile from the bedside table and went to silence her ringing mobile. But the name on her mobile screen made her sleep go away. After one week of waiting, finally Abhi called her.

She was staring at her mobile for few seconds before she realised that the call could stop ringing. She attended the call with panic but didn't utter a single word. There was no voice on the other line too. After few more seconds of silence, she heard his voice.

"Charu"

She was silent this time, as she couldn't understand what she was feeling right now. Something inside her was undergoing a change and she couldn't express what it was.

Not hearing any response, Abhi again called her name. This time Charu came out of her dream.

"Abhi"

"Sorry for disturbing you this early."

"It's ok. I woke up few minutes earlier" she lied without even knowing the reason. Any person who would have called her this early would have got a good amount of scold teaching them not to call at this time again. But this was different, this was not how she would behave with everyone; and this feeling scared her.

"Oh! But you know I could sense your groggy voice." he chuckled a bit.

"Abhi. What do you want?"

"Well nothing. You go back to sleep."

"Just spit it out Abhi"

"Ok fine. I thought if you were today w could go out somewhere."

"Oh. I see. I think I might be little busy"

"It's ok. You carry on with your work. Bye"

"Hey. Wait wait. I was just kidding. When can we meet?"

"Whatever time you are comfortable with"

Charu thought for a while and looked at the clock. It was 10 AM.

"Ok. I'll meet you by 12'o clock for lunch. Is it okay for you?"

"Yeah. That'd be great. By the way where to meet?"

"We'll meet at Central mall."

"Okay see you there. Bye"

Charu lazily got up from the bed and went to get ready. After one hour she got ready and came out from her room. Her mom looked at her with surprise.

"What is this surprise? About an hour ago you were not even ready to open your eyes and now you are standing ready to go somewhere?"

"That's because I forgot that I was planning to meet a friend today. So I'm going to meet them."

"Oh. Okay at least eat your lunch and then go. I've made your favourite lunch."