Chapter 2 In which my cat wins and Matt appears

Chapter 2 - In which my cat wins and Matt appears

-Three weeks later.

I stared at my photograph on the wall. I must admit I was really proud of it. I took that picture accidently and it turned to be one of my favourites. My cat, Goliath was lying on the floor, upside-down, stretching her legs; when she saw me, she mewed. After I pushed the button, I realised how the light was great and how it created a clear reflection of my cat on the white floor. Her face was just the best, although she was meowing, in the picture she looked like she was roaring, and the interaction of the light and her white, orange and black fur made the light reflect in a good kind of weird way.

By this time, there were more people than I expected at the gallery. I still didn't hear anything from Matt since I met him, but I was busy thinking and analysing the photograph. I read the title "Reflexion and Self-Perception" I wondered if it was a good title, when it comes to think about a title, I was the worst at choosing them.

I could hear people's murmurs about some pictures. Most of the people were impressed by many of them. And to be true, the whole gallery was full of amazing photographs. I walked around the gallery looking for other of my photographs. I had summited only one to the contest, but I summited another one to the exposition.

I stopped in front of a white wall with a big picture. I smiled. This particular photograph made me happy, remembering that day would make me smile. Although I didn't take seriously Matt about our bet, I still was glad of meeting him.

In the picture, he was playing the guitar, with a deep concentrating face and the sunlight playing with Matt's features making him look amazing. God, he was attractive. I stared at the picture for a while, taking note of every single detail I could find; as I always did with my work. People behind me whispered how that picture looked great and lots of girls saying how cute the model was. I smiled and left as a small laugh escaped my lips. I concentrated on the picture, when someone wrapped their hands around my eyes.

I didn't bother to guess, most of my friends would do this to me. I just stood still and touched the hands over my eyes, trying to recognise them. From what I could tell, those were man's hands. That reduced the possible options by half. But I didn't seem to recognise them. I stretched my arms towards his face. I reached it without much trouble and touched his features, which didn't seem to ring a bell on my head. I didn't know this face, or at least I couldn't recognize it.

"Ok, you win. I don't know who you are" I gave up.

"Too bad, you were just stawing at my picture" I heard Matt's voice behind me as he let me go and I was able to see again.

I turned around to meet him. I smiled at him as I noticed he was not much taller than me, maybe by an inch or two, but it wasn't too much.

"Hello" I whispered turning around to meet the picture again.

"It's awesome, by the way. Gweat job, there" He said standing next to me. "I can bet you're going to win"

"Actually, I didn't summit that one for the contest. I summited this for the exposition. The one for the contest is somewhere else" I snapped out of him, feeling his stare.

"Which one is it, then?" He asked looking around.

I was intrigued to know if my picture had any chance of winning, I really wanted to know which ones were the best pictures and if mine was one of them.

"Which ones do you think will win?" I said looking back at him.

"You're not going to tell me, are you?" He raised one brow at me and smirked.