Chapter 6 - In which things star to go downhill

Hello! ^^ I hope you're liking this so far. :) and sorry if I don't update that much... lately I haven't got much free time ._.'  Anyways, I wanted to tell you first of all, this chapter is kind of a filler, but it's important for the next one...and that there's no Matt in this chapter :(. But I promise you, next chapter does have a lot of Matt ;) So, enjoy this one (is shorter than the others) and maybe I'll update tomorrow, since I already have the next two chapters complete. And THANK YOU FOR READING!! 

* * * * * *

Chapter 6 – In which things star to go downhill

“It’s okay. I’m here and I will always be…” It had been almost three years since the last time he had this kind of depression attacks. He kneeled in front of my and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back telling him everything would be okay. “How long have you’ve been like this?” I asked him. He let me go and sat on the floor. I sat on the edge of the tub. He ran his hand through his hair, looking at the floor.

“I don’t know…” He finally spoke.

He was diagnosed with post-traumatic stress disorder, separation anxiety and depression after my mother died in an accident. The worst of all is that he got to see the accident happen; he got to see how my mum got hit by a car, and was left over the floor in a pool of blood, breathing out what was left of her life. The driver was drunk as fuck, and my dad’s world fell apart. I was just six, Carson was ten and Åke had just turned 12. My brothers and me would find him constantly curled in his bed, crying or in the bathroom; it was our job to make him calm a little bit; especially me, since I looked just like my mother, only she had curly hair, and I have my dad’s straight hair, I would always have it easier to help him feel better than my brothers. So I was used to this, but although I know what to do when seeing him like this, I still get hurt whenever I'm watching him suffer in silence.

“Do you want some tea?” I asked him. He nodded. I stretched my hand towards him, helping him stand up. He was almost a feet taller than me. He hugged me again, and I hugged him back tightly.

“I miss her so much” He whispered sobbing lightly. After he said that, I felt pretty bad and hugged him even tighter.

“I know. I miss her too…” I walked out of the bathroom first and he followed me to the kitchen.

 I turned on the light and poured some water in the kettle before leaving it over the stove. He sat by the table and I took the chair in front of him. I stared at him, as silent tears were falling down his eyes. My eyes filled with tears, threating me to fall as well; I took a deep breath. The best thing to do when Dad was like this, was just to give him some tea, and start talking about random stuff, try to calm him down by comforting him.

“Dad, how are you feeling?” I whispered. He just shrugged.

“I don’t know” He answered with a lower voice than usual. “It had been so long since I last felt like this…” He ran a hand over his face, cleaning his tears. “I forgot how it was…”

After some really long and silent minutes, I stood up and walked by the stove, knowing the water was going to start boiling soon. Before the kettle started whistling, I grabbed the teapot and poured the water with some tea. I sat again in front of my dad and remained silent for a while.

“You should see a psychologist” I whispered. My dad agreed with me when he stood up and poured his tea on a red mug.

“I think I should…” He lied against the wall.

My dad was as slim and tall as Joel (no wonder why people thought they were related) and had dark brown hair, and he had the darkest eyes I’ve ever seen.