Chapter 9 - In which we're trapped between butterflies and hurricanes

I followed John through the hall, getting closer to a pale door. Right in the other side of that door, was Muse either planning or rehearsing one of the songs for their new album. With every step, I felt a bunch of different feelings rushing around my body and hitting me hard in the stomach and head. I was breathing heavily and deep, trying to calm me down.

The moment John held the doorknob in his hand and turned it around, lasted a thousand years for me, as the only thing I could hear was my heart. He moved away, letting me go first. I stepped inside and found myself fin a small waiting room, and across the place, there was another door. Dom and Chris were resting, as Dom was doing dumb magic tricks to Chris, I watched him fail miserably. After Dom finished his trick, they looked towards me, and stared at me somehow confused.

"Logan?" Chris broke the silence. I smiled and nodded. Y touched my hair, which was short, in a pixie cut...maybe that was what made them take a while to recognize me.

"You crazy woman!" Dom shouted jumping from his seat. "You cut your hair!" He rushed and hugged me tightly. I hugged him back, laughing as he was telling me how much he missed me.

"I missed you too, Dummy" I whispered. "My life became less awesome the moment I walked away from your life" I said letting him go.

"I know, once someone meets me, their life becomes ten times more awesome" He answered putting on a flattered face. We both laughed and Chris reach us, and I hugged him tightly too.

We sat on the couch and we started talking nonsense about how were our last three years. I avoided asking where Matt was, because honestly, I didn't want to know; I was too nervous trying to avoid remembering what happened before I left Teignmouth. We talked for about twenty minutes, when someone opened the door. We turned around and saw Matt walking inside, with a girl (shorter than him for several inches), who was holding him from the waist, as he had his arm around her shoulder; they seemed to be in the middle of a conversation, because Matt was holding his laugh, and this girl had a huge smile on her face. He stopped, and greeted Dom and Chris, and stared at me for a couple of seconds.

"Logan?" He asked surprised, giving me a huge smile and walking towards me. "Is that you?" He stopped a few steps away from the couch. I nodded and I stood up walking towards him "Logan!" He screamed and hugged me. I let a small laugh escape my lips as I hugged him back. "Goddamn it! I missed you like hell" He said before letting me go "What are you doing here?" He asked holding my shoulders.

"Matt! Aren't you going to introduce them?" I heard Chris say behing me.

"Oh, right! I'm sorry" He said moving aside. "Logan, she's Monica, my girlfwiend" He said, moving his arm around her shoulders again. "Mon, she's Logan, a friend whom I haven't see in a hell of time"

"Hello, Logan" Monica said smiling warmly at me. I must admit, she was really pretty, although too short for my taste... "Matt told me a couple of things about you, and showed me a couple of photographs, they're really cool"

"Thank you" I said smiling back at here. She looked like a nice girl. Knowing that Matt had a girlfriend made me feel (ironically) a lot lighter, now I didn't have to worry much about dealing with what happened between the two of us.

"You cut your hair" Matt said. "It looks gweat. Last time I saw you, your hair was much longer. That haircut really suits you" He said awkwardly trying to start a conversation. "What are you doing here anyways?"

I frowned lightly. He should know I'm here because I got the job. I started to doubt he really knew why I was here. Then I remembered John telling me it was Dom's idea to look out for me. I turned around and looked at Dom, who was pretending to be distracted, I knew he felt my stare and was avoiding eye contact.