Chapter 4 - In which I doubt of my trust issues (part 2)

We both walked to the main door and sat on the sidewalk. I was shaking lightly because of the temperature. Inside the pool was pretty warm, and well, the temperature was starting to drop. Although I had to admit, the moon looked beautiful, surprisingly, shining by itself with no clouds around.

"Don't you want to go to the car and we turn on the calefaction..." He whispered as he wrapped his hoodie around my elbows.

I complained about me being all wet and getting his hoodie wet too, but he just ignored me and opened the co-pilot door to his car and smiled at me warmly. I just gave him a cold glare for not listening to me, but his smile was contagious, so I smiled back and stepped in the car. He closed the door once I was inside and walked around the car to take his seat. He started the car, although we didn't move, he just turned on the calefaction and the radio with some random station on. We stood silent for a long time, although it wasn't an awkward silence. I could notice Matt was kind of spacing out, but he looked cute while daydreaming. Then he blinked snapping himself out of his thoughts and looked at Dom who was waving at us from the main door of his place, and then he gave Matt thumbs up. Matt laughed lightly and continued to stare at Dom.

"I suppose Dom thinks I'll get lucky tonight" He said still smiling as we started to move. "But to be honest, I'm kind of tired of it"

"It?" I asked feeling unsure of what he was trying to say.

"Yeah, one-night stands and never actually talking to her until the next time we meet each other, A.K.A. another of Dom's parties" He said bluntly.

"Really?" I asked pretending to be interested. I liked him, he was nice and everything; but I didn't really care much for that part of his past, anyway I pretended to be interested. "And why is it that you're getting tired?" He didn't answer me right away, he just continue to drive silently to the main avenue.

"Where do you live?" He asked avoiding my question, so I supposed something had happened to him and he didn't want to talk about it, and I respected that, I didn't ask twice and just told him where I lived.

"Nearby the park we met; you take the main street and follow it for a couple of minutes until you see another park, but this one is more of like a tiny forest in the middle of..."

"Weally?" He interrupted me, but he really seemed surprised. "I live nearby that tiny forest!" He said. "I live in Oak Street!"

"Do you?" I asked and he nodded and gave me a quick look when we stopped at a red light. "Do you know that street called Olive? If you keep straight forward the mains street, past Oak Street you'll see a small street called Elm and right next to it, is Olive Street" I said.

"Gweat!" He said ruffling my hair "We're neighbours!" He said as the traffic light turned green and we start moving again. Once again, the car was filled with silence. After a while, I got lost in my own thoughts, but Matt sighed deeply bringing me back to earth.

"I really like being single and you know, having fun at parties and everything..." he said out of nowhere and I stared at him. "But since Chris started dating Kelly, I've seen them together and they are really an adorable couple..." A small smile started to grow on his face, which made me smile as well and feel warmer inside. "And I've been feeling jealous of Chris for that. You should see the way he stares at her and the way she stares back at him, it's just so heart-warming, it kills you with cuteness" He said.

After he finished, I felt sympathy for him, a lot. I felt like hugging him.

"You're so cute..." I whispered to myself, smiling.