prologue

a/n: I'm so sorry for the cliches in this book I wrote it when I was 15 and I hate it so much but I worked on making it less painful so hopefully it's better but thanks for reading it anyway!

blake

I sat on my bed thinking about the past couple of years of my life, all of the ups and downs, the things that I'd been through. Today marks three years since I moved to this town, Long Valley, New Jersey.

It's been about three years since my parents have been divorced too. I moved here from Long Island, New York right before my freshman year. I had to leave pretty much my whole life behind, but I was grateful for the new start.

My parents got divorced for many reasons. Little arguments led to big arguments and soon, no one knew what they were fighting about, they just wanted a reason to yell at each other. You would think 20 years would be enough to keep you together forever, but I guess not.

And I was always stuck in the middle, a pawn in their arguments. I loved them to death but I don't think they ever really saw how much it affected me.

When I found out I was moving back to the town my mother grew up in I was excited, the years prior to their divorced weren't the easiest, I pushed everyone away and kept to myself, I saw how much they loved each other and how it wasn't enough and I never wanted to feel that pain.

When I moved here, I didn't have any friends, but that changed pretty quickly. The day I moved here, I was outside unloading the moving truck, and a girl around my age was riding her bike by. She stopped and we talked for a bit and exchanged numbers. She was so kind and outgoing she kind of overwhelmed me at first but three years later, I was just as crazy as her.

Ally didn't have many friends either because everyone thought she was crazy but I didn't mind, I loved her for it.

We became pretty much instant friends and spent the next three years doing everything together. Ally had a slight obsession with the Dolan Twins who coincidentally lived the street over from me but I ended up never going to school with them though, because they moved to LA the summer I moved to Long Valley.

Recently though, no one really knows where they are, and they've pretty much ghosted all social media. I'm not sure how long it's been, but it started in July.

A gust of wind through my open window knocked over my lacrosse stick snapping me out of my daydream. I got up off my white plush comforter and walked over to my window picking up my royal blue and yellow staff, the colors of my future school. I had dreamed of playing lacrosse at UCLA since I was a little girl, and that dream came true last year. I had earned a scholarship to play there and was signing my NLI this fall.

I placed the stick on my window daybed and turned back to my actual bed. My phone buzzed on my nightstand and I walked over to pick it up.

There was a week until senior year started and I was going shopping with Ally.

(1) New Text Message

Ally :) - Hey! I'll be there in an hour to pick you up.

Me - K, I'll be ready

Ally :) - I doubt it but k

Me - lol, good one

I got up and headed towards the bathroom. After my shower, I laid on my bed for a bit and finally decided it was time to get up and change. I put on some cutoff jean shorts and a graphic tee. I decided to throw my hair up in a bun and I pulled on a pair of striped crew socks scrunching them at my ankles and slipped on my Birks.

I headed downstairs where my mom was cooking dinner for the night, "Hey Ma, I'm going shopping with Ally is that cool?"

"Of course! Do you need money?"

"No, I'm good, thanks though,"

I heard a honk signaling that Ally was here and grabbed my bag, kissing my mom, and heading out the door.

"Sup," I said hopping into the front seat of her purple Jeep, or Barney as I called it. She just waved and continued to sing to Colors by Hasley.

I put my feet up on the dashboard and put my sunglasses on feeling the wind blow through my fingers as I held my hand out the window.

We approached their twin's house so of course, Ally began slowing down. The top was off her car so she lowered the music too.

When we reached their house we both gasped because they were both walking to their car. The twins saw us driving by and Ethan raised his hand to wave but Grayson just stared.

"What was his problem?" I asked once I thought Ally had calmed down from Ethan waving.

"I don't know and I don't care, ETHAN WAVED TO ME!" she screamed, getting excited again.

"Ally I love you but that was a 'hey neighbor,' wave not an 'omg I'm in love with you' wave,"

"Whatever, you're just jealous," she said with a huff turning the music back up.

________

I am rewriting this book because it is the first book I wrote and I honestly cringe so much reading it.

It's gonna take a while because I am a very busy person but I think once I am done it will be a much better book!

also if you are reading this, some things may not connect in the next few chapters so I suggest waiting to read it.