fifteen

blake

When we arrived at prom there were already tons of people walking in to the venue. We got out of the car and headed in to find our table. We were sitting with Shai and her date and Ryan and his date. 

The hallway was decorated with lights and white drapes. It was beautiful. There was a table with name cards and our table on it to take and place at our seats. Grabbing mine and Grayson I handed him his and we all headed into the ballroom. 

We walked over to a table and said hello to everyone. Shai was wearing a lavender dress that made her look like a princess, "OMG Shai you look gorgeous," I said leaning in to hug her. 

"Uh, says you," she laughed. After settling in we all headed to the dance floor with the rest of our class. 

They were playing mostly throwbacks and everyone was singing and dancing. I locked eyes with Grayson and began to get lost in the, this is how I expected my senior year to go. Everything was perfect, and as much as I said I couldn't wait to leave this town, I wouldn't mind being stuck in this moment forever. I wouldn't change a thing about where I was or who I was with. 

We danced for a little longer until they decided to announce prom king and queen. Grayson and I both voted for Ethan and Ally and I'm pretty sure almost everyone else did too, they were the high school sweethearts that everyone loved. 

The student body president walked up on stage with an envelope. She opened up the envelope very slowly and everyone was waiting in anticipation. 

"This years prom king and queen are.... Ethan Dolan and Ally Taylors!" Everyone started clapping and cheering. 

"Yeah! That's my best friend!" I yelled over the claps. Grayson let out a whistle as Ally and Ethan made their way up the stage to get crowned. 

"Now for the King and Queen's first dance," they announced as a slow song started to play. Ethan and Ally made their way to the center of the dance floor and began to sway to the music. Eventually we all started to join in. Grayson placed his hands on my hips and my arms locked behind his neck. I looked into his bright green eyes and just stared at his face. He was smiling and admiring me too. 

"You are so beautiful." I blushed and looked back into his eyes

"I love you Grayson Dolan."

"And I love you too Blake Matthews."

He leaned in and pecked my lips. I smiled and pulled him back into another kiss. When the slow song ended we were back to throwbacks and we danced for a bit longer and then headed to sit down by Ethan and Ally.

"Congrats you two!" I said once I knew they could hear me.

They smiled and thanked me. Dinner finally came out and we were all so hungry that no one talked as we scarfed down our food. When we finished we danced some more but decided it was time to go since it was getting late and we had an hour drive to the house. I grabbed my heels that I had taken off within thirty minutes of being here and we started walking but my feet really hurt and I think Grayson noticed. 

He picked me up bridal style and started walking. I kissed his cheek and thanked him. 

When we got to the car Ethan got in the driver seat and Ally got in the passenger seat leaving Grayson and I the back. We got in and I cuddled up next to Grayson. My eyes got heavy and I slowly drifted off to sleep.