six

blake

I pulled in the lot with 20 mins to get to class which was surprisingly a lot more than I thought I would have, but I wanted to have time to talk to Ally before we had to go into school. 

I had to drive slowly because knowing the kids at my school, someone was bound to walk out in the middle of the street. After maneuvering my way through the mass of people I spotted Ally's car and pulled up next to it. 

I hadn't noticed until now that she was talking to the twins who were in the car next to her. I turned off my car and grabbed my bag. I stepped out and took a breathe.

Ahhhh the sweet smell of hormonal and emotional teenagers.

But seriously, I had to calm myself down because not only was I going to see Grayson in a few seconds after he ignored my text last night which will be quite awkward, but I was kind of nervous. It was my senior year and I wanted everything to go perfectly. 

I finally made my way over to Ally and saw Grayson was on his phone and E and Al were talking to each other.

"Good morning my fellow seniors," I said completely unenthusiastically.

"Someone sounds excited," Ally groaned while rolling her eyes. "C'mon it's senior year for Christs sake!"  

I rolled my eyes, Ally was miss inspirational, everything was perfect all the time. I disagree with her on that one.

"Good morning to you too Blake," Ethan said, causing Grayson to finally look away from his phone.

Then his eyes roamed over to me and he looked me up and down before looking at my face and smiling. It was kind of awkward but then I realized what had just happened. Grayson had just checked me out. I was thankful Ethan and Ally were too busy trying to figure out what classes they had together to notice.

"What time is it?" I asked Ally. 

"Uh, its 7, we should probably get going since homeroom starts at 7:15" 

"Sounds good, lego," Ethan said grabbing his stuff. 

We all walked inside as a group and I could hear people whispering about the twins. I'm sure they could hear it to but they chose to ignore it. 

When we arrive to the same homeroom we've been in for the past three years, I was surprised to see a lot of people looked different

"Wow, Marissa's hair looks amazing like that, I always thought she should go darker" Ally whispered to me and I agreed. 

"What about Ryan, he looks so buff now," I winked at Ally. She blushed, she always had a thing for Ryan and they flirted back and forth all last year but I had a feeling her crush was long gone and that she was blushing because Ethan was standing right next to her. 

The twins followed behind us and looked around at all of the people they most likely recognized from middle school. 

The bell rang and Ally and I took our seats with Ethan and Grayson sitting behind us. 

"Yo E, Gray, it's nice to see you guys back!" Ryan said turning to the twins, "Ally, Blake," he said acknowledging us with a nod of his head. 

"Yeah," Ethan replied, "It's good to be back, we haven't really seen anyone in a few years.

Since it was the first day of school the homeroom teachers all had to go through the talk and explain all the rules. I didn't listen to any of it though, I was too busy thinking about Grayson who was sitting right behind me. 

Oh gosh, do I look gross from behind? What if my underwear is peaking out? Or what if have sweat stains on my back? 

"..... so good luck on your senior year!" Mrs. Tiller finished up. Thank god, if I sat there any longer to think about all the things that could be wrong I'd probably faint.

"Oh my gosh! That was sooooo boring!" Ally moaned being her extra self.

"Tell me about it, how did you guys sit through that for four years?" Ethan said.

"I just block her out at this point." I said truthfully.

We all continued to make small talk in the hallway as we continued to our class. We finally made it to math which we surprisingly all had together.

Mr. Johnson walked in and hushed everyone. "No one get comfortable because I will be assigning seats. So everyone please stand."

A bunch of people groaned standing up and heading to the front of the room. 

"Okayy where do I start..." he listed a bunch of people and I was secretly hoping I could sit next to Grayson.

"Ethan and..." I saw Ally hold her breath, "Allison," she let out a sigh of relief. 

They took their seats and immediately started talking. I totally ship them and hope Ethan isn't just leading her on because she would be heartbroken. 

The odds of me and Grayson sitting together are pretty much slim to none but hey, you never know maybe I'd have lots of luck today, I mean I am like half Irish so you would think that would make me lucky, right?

"Blake and...." I hoped I at least wouldn't get Bobby who smelt like BO, "why don't you sit next to Grayson."

Ally turned to me and winked, I was squealing on the inside but played it cool on the outside, hopefully this would change things.