five

blake

It was the night before school started and I was on the phone with Ally.

"I am so freaking excited for school."

"I am kinda excited too," I replied, "I hope the twins will be in some of our classes."

"Yeah, I don't really want all the other girls trying to get close to them Ethan is mine," 

"Jesus don't let him hear you say that he might think you're crazy."

"Oh he already knows trust me," 

"Okayyy," I said laughing, "Well I'll see you tomorrow, bright and early"

"Bye Blake."

I hung up the phone and sat on my bed and opened my laptop. I put on Spotify and played my playlist listening to whatever came on. I picked out my outfit for tomorrow and folded it on my dresser.

I checked the clock on my nightstand and it read 10:20 p.m.

I should probably settle down.

I got under my covers and went on to YouTube. I pulled up the twins page and started to watch their old videos.

I was watching their '2016 Bloopers' video when I felt a drop of water on my face.

I looked up for a leak in my ceiling but there was nothing there.

I was crying.

I hadn't realized how much I missed Grayson's smile and hearing him laugh.

I needed to see him smile again, but I feared I never would.

I decided to text him because I haven't heard from him in two days.

hey

Read 9:43 p.m.

I waited a couple of minutes and no reply.

I guess he doesn't want to talk.

I turned off my lights and slowly drifted off to sleep thinking of one thing.

Grayson.

I woke up to the wonderful sound of my alarm clock. Can you hear the sarcasm in my voice?

I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom to shower. I striped off my clothes from last night tossing them in the hamper. When the water was warm enough I stepped in the shower letting the water drench me. I washed my hair and body and after I was done I stepped out and dried myself off wrapping the towel around me. I combed my hair and added some product before heading to my room.

I walked into my room and plopped down on my bed. I wish I could just get out of this town and go to college already, but I had to finish this year. 

After being on my phone for way too long I finally got up and started to get dressed. I pulled the cut off jean shorts up my long tan legs until they reached my waist. I buttoned them and picked out a loose cropped tee and put that on too. It reached just above my shorts so I wouldn't get dress coded but honestly at this point I doubt I would get dress coded, the school had bigger issues than if my belly button was showing. I slipped on my sneakers and walked into my bathroom. I did my usual hygiene procedure and applied some mascara and lip gloss.

Satisfied with how I looked, I grabbed my bag heading down stairs. 

"You look nice." my mom said as I grabbed a mug and poured a cup of coffee.

"Thank youu," I smiled. Taking my coffee I sat down at the table on my phone. I scrolled through Snapchat and Twitter for a bit before I realized I was going to be late. 

I grabbed my keys from the counter and picked my bag up and headed out the door.

"Bye mom, have a good day! I love you!" I yelled behind me.

"Wait! I have to get a picture! It's your last first day go high school!"

"Ugh, okay one picture," I said stopping in my tracks. My mom came over with her phone. 

"Alright, now give my a nice big smile," she said with a smile already on her face, snapping the picture she said, "Oh the girls at the office are going to love this, they always tell me how gorgeous you are."

"Alright mom, I really have to go, I love you," I said leaning in and kissing her cheek. 

"I love you too sweetie, have a great day!"

And just like that I was out the door and on my way to my last first day of high school.

I hopped into my car and threw my bag onto the passengers seat and plugged in my phone.

I hoped this year was gonna be good.