seventeen

blake

may 31st

I woke up to the feeling of something landing on top of me. 

"WAKE UP BIRTHDAY GIRL!!"

"Get. Off. Me," I grunted using all my strength to push Ally off of me, "It's way too early for you to be this loud," I said as she landed on the group with a 'thump'. 

"It is noon on your birthday, I couldn't wait any longer. Plus, we need to get ready, Ethan and Grayson will be here in two hours and we leave for New York at 4!!"

"Fine, let's go," I said getting up. We were all taking a trip to the city and getting dinner for my birthday. It was the last night I would be living in New Jersey and as much as I don't want to leave my family I don't think I have been more excited for something in my life.

We headed down stairs where my mom had made up pancakes and after eating and sitting on my phone for a while Ally finally forced me into the shower to get ready. After my shower I Ally helped me pick out my outfit and get ready. She did some light make up and helped me straighten my hair. I laid on my bed answering some texts while Ally got herself ready. Grayson had face timed me at midnight last night wishing me a happy birthday and I honestly couldn't have asked for a better way to turn eighteen. 

After spending the weekend at the beach house we were closer than ever. We had graduated together and the twins were moving out to LA at the same time Ally and I were and I couldn't be more excited. 

A bit later Ally had finally finished getting ready and we both started to get dressed. I was wearing leather pants with a loose red tank while Ally was wearing a cute little black dress. 

When we were finally done getting dressed we took a few pictures and headed down stairs. As we entered my kitchen we found that it was filled with sage green and light blue balloons.

I walked over to my mom giving her a huge hug, "I love you so much."

"Not as much as I love you," she replied, "Now let me take some pictures."

Tonight we were all going straight to my dads place after we were done in the city and we were all staying there. We were going to JFK from my dads house tomorrow afternoon and then we were off to California.We had already sent all of our stuff out to California and all only had a small carry on bag for our clothes and other necessities.

"Now open your present!" My mom said excitingly putting her phone down. I walked over to the table where a little green bag sat. Pulling the tissue paper our I saw that a key to a car sat in the bag. 

"You didn't," I said looking up and my mom with tears in my eyes. 

"Well you're gonna need a car to get to and from school right?" She said with a smile. I pulled her into a huge hug.

"I don't know what I'm going to do without you," I said honestly. 

"You're gonna do amazing things, that's what. I'll be fine."

I turn around to see Ally was also holding a bag. She handed it to me and I opened it to see two matching necklaces, one with a star and one with a moon, "One is for me and one is for you, so we always have a piece of each other," she explained. I put them down and hugged her so hard, I was so thankful for my best friend.

When I finally released her, the doorbell rang. I walked over to the door and seeing it open. The twins stood at the door with a box in their hand. 

"HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!" they screamed in unison.

"Get inside you goofs," I said still laughing.

They walked into the kitchen and put the things in their hands down. Grayson came over to me and picked me up hugging me.