seven

blake

To put it simply, math sucked. 

I tried making small talk but it didn't really work. I'm pretty sure Grayson hates me. 

I was finally at the last class of the day, which also happened to be one of my favorites, gym. 

I made my way into the locker room and to my gym locker. I opened it up and started to get dresses for class. I put on my t-shirt and shorts along with my sneakers. I put the rest of my things in my locker and closed it. 

I walked out of the locker room and spotted Grayson wearing gym shorts and a t-shirt. He was talking to Ryan and a couple of other guys in our grade. All the girls stayed on one side of the gym talking about their other classes and how much they hated gym. I met up with a few girls not the lacrosse team with me and we talked about how our first day went. I was really only friends with Shai, the only other senior, the rest of the girls on the team were younger than us. 

The teachers gathered us in the middle and gave us the speech about dress code and all the other stuff. Some of the teachers believed it was only gym and that it shouldn't be taken too seriously while others believed it was very serious. Was I one of those people who took gym too seriously? Probably. 

"Alright, we have about.." Mr. Gregory, my favorite teacher said checking his watch, "45 minutes left so you can do basketball, soccer, or lacrosse, no sitting," he said looking over at the group of people who usually didn't like to participate. 

Shai and I got up heading over to where the lacrosse sticks were and reached for one. I noticed Grayson and a couple other guys I was friendly with were also playing.

The competitive side in me had come out and I was ready to impress him. My flirting techniques consisted of trying to impress the guy and pretending I'm not interested, usually it doesn't work too well but it's not my fault the guys end up intimidated. 

Ryan and Silas were captains, I ended up on Silas's team with Shai while Gray ended up on Ryan's. 

We played for a while, Shai and I both working together to win, we always had great chemistry on the field. 

After the game was over out team had won by one and Ryan was convinced that we must have cheated somehow and that it wasn't fair that the two best girls ended up on the same team.

"Relax Ryan, I'm competitive but even I know this is just gym class," I laughed making my way back inside

"Whatever," he said walking ahead of us. I turned to see Grayson come up next to me. 

"You're really good," he said to me. 

"Oh thanks," I laughed, "So are you, do you think you're gonna join the team?"

"I'm not sure, maybe I will." 

"You should," I smiled placing my stick back with the rest, "See you later?" 

"Yeah, of course," he replied with a small smile heading back towards the locker room. 

I changed back into my clothes and pulled my hair into a bun. The bell rang signaling the end of the day. Grabbing my bag and getting out my keys, I walked out of school towards my car. Ally was already at hers. She had a huge smile on her face.

"What's up?" I said.

"Oh nothing," she laughed, "Ethan just asked if I wanted to hang out after school," she smiled giddily. 

"OMG, Ally I'm so excited for you," I said pulling her into a hug. 

I was so happy for her but I couldn't help but be a bit jealous. Everything was working out for her and I had a feeling that it wouldn't for me. It was selfish to think like that but I couldn't help it. I was scared that I would do something wrong but shook off the negative thoughts. This wouldn't be a repeat of freshman year.

Flashback

I can't believe I just did that. Taylor used to be my best friend and I was so mad at her for what she did that I slept with her boyfriend. I had always had a crush on Jackson and was so jealous of Taylor because he liked her and never noticed me. What she did to me was unforgivable and no one here would ever look at me the same, so maybe she did deserve it, but I'm moving far away from Long Island and I will never see her again. I'll have a new life in New Jersey, and I'll forget all about it. I'm going to change who I am and I'm going to be a better person, a different person. 

End of Flashback