Chapter 11

The cathedral. It had gone from a place of love and hope for the future to a place of mad chaos. Marshall, indirectly, had done what he did best; cause chaos. He was the prince of the Nightosphere after all. Candy people began to cry and shake in fear for their beloved pink prince. Poor poor Gumball had passed out during the ceremony! He had gotten just too nervous and passed out. Fionna rubbed back the prince's hair and looked around quietly, blushing. She wasn't sure what was going on. She looked back over at the piano and immediately frowned.

"I- I think Marshall Lee has something to do with this. Look- he's gone. He's probably crazy jealous. He always flirted with me and knocked Gumball-"

"Honey you don't know what happened." Cake cut her off. "Nobody does. Gumball could have gotten nervous. He could have been hungry or thirsty. I think I saw Marshall crying..."

"See!? Why else would he have disappeared? He pulled another prank, this time it was something about the song! He was mad and-"

"Fionna, baby doll, hush. We'll get this whole mess figured out. I promise. M'kay?" Cake pats her arm and Fionna sighed.

"Fine. Where should I take Gumball?" She lifted him with ease and looked around, some relief in her eyes. She didn't really look nervous anymore. Instead, she appeared to be more beautiful and relaxed.

"Um, to his bed chambers Miss Fionna." Peppermint Maid said and led her out of the church to the castle the back way. Once in his bedroom, they lied the prince in his bed and removed his jacket and shoes. After Fionna left Pepper stayed behind and shook her head softly. "Dear dear Bubba Gumball. My sweet baby boy." She whispered as she managed to get his pants and undershirt off. After, she slipped on his favorite black tee shirt, and then covered him up. It wasn't odd for her to do that. He had to be cared for beyond the average human, or candy person for that matter, and it was Peppermint Maid's job to do so from day one. Sometimes he would get so stressed he'd have a panic attack, and she'd have to dress him for bed. Pepper was indeed Gumball's mother figure. He called her mom and she called him son when they were in private. She looked at him and let out a long sigh. "You've gotten yourself into a big mess, haven't you sweetheart?"

With this, she dimmed the lights and exited the room, saddened by the struggle. The prince didn't deserve to be tortured like this, neither did the vampire he loved, or Fionna, who had simply been pulled into it. It was just as Cake had put it. A mess. An extremely large, heart-wrenching mess. She headed back down the stairs to see Cake. Peppermint needed to know why she had objected to the wedding at the same time she did, and why Fionna hadn't been upset when she did. She wasn't worried about Marshall because she believed that he'd roll around eventually. Thus, she knew Gumball would be okay again in the future sometime. It would all be okay in a matter of time. All would go back to normal and the issues could be worked through.

Gumball awoke two hours later very slowly. Things were fuzzy at first, but slowly came into vision, only to be blurred again by tears. He turned his head into the pillow and sobbed for at least ten minutes. He missed Marshall so badly that he couldn't seem to function. Bubba wailed into his pillow, thinking maybe he would be rescued by his prince charming. Slowly though, he realized this would not be the case, and curled into the fetal position. He hugged his knees, stopped crying, and began thinking. He had seen Marshall disappear after he played the song. He and Fionna were not actually married, and he didn't see it. Bubba gasped and sat up frantically, springing from the bed. "I'm coming Marshall. I'm coming dear. Stay safe sweetie, I won't be long."

He threw on clothes for going riding. Knee high brown leather boots, khaki riding pants, two long sleeve shirts and a magenta riding coat. He grabbed a bag of things, gloves, blankets, scarves, and a hat, then ran out to Monochromicorn. He explained that they needed to go get Marshall, but not why, and together they took off into the cold midafternoon air.