Chapter 25

Gumball giggled gently as he wiped Marshall's tears. The vampire tried very hard to stop them, but he was so overwhelmed with a sense of relief and happiness that he couldn't help but be emotional. Bubba simply kissed his neck and rubbed the back of his hand with his thumb. "Don't worry Marshall. It's the necklace that's making you cry." He fibbed a bit to help him feel like a big strong vampire. "As I said it does make you very emotional..." He whispered as solid arms embraced him. He nodded and sniffled a bit, smiling.

"No... no it isn't. I'm so happy I'm crying. It's you Gummy." He responded with a warm chuckle. Gumball blushed and rested his head on Marshall's chest innocently, and then closed his vibrant blue eyes. They sat there a while before Marshall noticed that his fiancee was shivering. "Hey bud. You getting chilly?"

"No. I could stay like this with you forever. I don't want to lose the moment." He replied simply, and Marshall took his coat off and wrapped it around Bubba to keep him warm. Not long after Marshall was shivering, and Bubba would not have that.

"Marshall you're shivering. Come on sweetheart let's go back home. You will live with me in the castle once were married won't you?" He asked quickly, blushing.

"Oh, uh, yeah of course! I'll just need to pack up my things and take them down." He spoke as he stood slowly, then walked with Gumball, rigid. Once inside Bubba checked the time and determined that he wanted to spend the rest of the day organizing his gifts and cuddling with his brand new fiancee. He admired his ring a minute before grabbing up his gifts and running them up the stairs to his bedroom. Marshall chuckled sweetly and did the same. Once they had all their ducks in a row and Bubba felt everything was clean to his satisfaction, he smiled up at his lover.

"I would enjoy cuddling with you for the entire rest of today." He asked softly, shyly.

"We can't baby. I'm taking you to dinner soon." He smiled.

"Can we let this whole going to a restaurant thing go Marshall? I can't eat. My body is physically unable to digest food, and seeing people eat makes me really upset. That's one of the reasons I can be around you- You suck color from red things. I get dizzy and anxious and my stomach growls when I smell or think about or see food. It's why everyone dines at a certain time during the parties and I am not there."

"I know, Gumball, I know. I know. Just trust me and allow me to take you there? They've opened it for you and I alone at five sharp. Please. It's paid for, and were ready to go. Let's just go. In the mean time go do a sciencey experiment. Its three now. I'll chill out down here."

"Fine Marshall." He agreed finally, then ran up the stairs, grabbed his books, then ran to his laboratory to study some and learn. Marshall turned into a bat, flew out and got some of his things from his home, and flew them back. He put them in the bedroom in nice organized places, and sooner than expected it was almost five. The vampire floated in front of the lab door and knocked. "Busy!" He heard Bubba call.

"Bubba come out! We have fifteen minutes to get there so I need you out and ready in five!"

"But I'm calculating and learning about the gravitational pull of the earth with different masses in respect to different distances from the ground! I must also keep in mind the gravitational constant-"

"I don't understand you! Just come outside please!" He urged and Bubba groaned loudly.

"But... But I... But-"