Chapter 16

"You can start anywhere. With anything. Just remember that I'm here to make it better for you like you did for me. I love you and am supportive of you." Gumball smiled and held one of Marshall's hands. He smiled as he felt the prince's pink lips graze across the soft spot on his neck. It was amazing to have someone to talk to. To have someone he could really trust.

"Alright Bubba. Thanks..." He takes a deep breath and concentrates for a minute, trying to pull out old memories that were stored deep in his mind. "As you probably already know, I am 1003 years old. I had a human mom and dad at one point but I don't remember them. They were taken from me before I really got old enough to understand who they were. The Lich broke free and destroyed everyone and everything, like he tried to do once again a few months ago. It was pure evil. According to Simone I was spared, and everyone in my village but myself died. She noticed that I had been bitten by a vampire. My mom. Being a demon she found me in the wreckage first, dying of hunger. She bit me and made me a vampire, helped me eat, but had to leave suddenly. I don't really know why. I was only six. I managed to survive by myself until Simone found me and helped me. I thank glob for her every night. The creatures that were created in the apocalypse would have surely killed me without her." He chuckled at Bubba's overwhelmed face.

"Oh Marshall... I'm so sorry. The... The Ice Queen is who were talking about, right?"

"Yes sir. The Ice Queen. Simone." He sighs sadly.

"Why in the heck does she capture me all the time and try to make me her husband!? She's a complete lunatic!" Marshall stiffens.

"Quit it. It isn't her fault she's like that."

"We'll it couldn't be anyone else's fault but her own. She's a psycho-"

"Shut up!" Marshall yells at him, suddenly very angered by how rude Gumball was being, even though he wasn't really trying. Marshall blushed and quickly apologized. "I... I'm sorry. But you're insulting the very woman who basically raised me and loved me and saved my life. Without her I'd be dead and you'd be marrying a woman. I love her."

"Right. I really am sincerely sorry I interrupted you Marshall. I swear I won't do it again. I sweat." He said with a twinge of fear in his voice. Marshall blushed and looked into Bubba's eyes to apologize.

"I'm really sorry I yelled. I know she does those crazy things. She tried to make out with me once when she invited herself over to write a song. She really looks up to me and my musical talents. She's lonely, that's all. But it's the crown that makes her crazy. She was so normal and nice, but I remember that every time she put it on she had a harder time coming back to her normal self... She changed a little every single time she put the damn thing on her head. Sometimes I begged her not to do it but she did and every time I was horrified that she wouldn't come back. I was eight when Simone turned into the Ice Queen for good. She and I still stuck together, until I was twelve, but she was real weird after that. I took care of myself from then on. I spent about one hundred years on my own until my mom was able to find me and take me down to the Nightosphere. I hated that place so I kinda just left one day after my 400th birthday." Marshall sighed softly.

"Wow Marshall. Your life sounds... simply incredible." Bubba spoke softly, eyes sad as he drew little invisible hearts on Marshall's forearm, being gentle and concentrating on him.

"Not a good incredible though. By 400 I was the way I am now. I decided to stop aging at 21, so I've been this way for a while. I'm wise in experience and common sense, I can speak several languages, and can write and read a few of those, I can transform into different creatures with ease, I am musically inclined, I can play basketball, but I do not know how to read or write the English language. I obviously speak it." He chuckled, and Bubba nodded.

"I could teach you, don't worry."

"I also cannot do math other than elementary addition and subtraction. Never got around to it."

"Oh glob Marshall math is the best! It can prove anything!" Bubba geeked out, gasping. "It would be so fun to teach you! Math can prove every and all bits of chemical reactions and help explain how machines work, plus so much more! It's so fun! There's also this thing called physics, but I've only heard about it. I haven't found a book on it yet. It is the coolest stuff though- apparently, it can explain through math and theories how the world actually works!" He squealed, getting so excited over something so silly. Marshall smiled, loving how intensely thrilled Gumball was getting. It made him very happy.

"Really? That's quite interesting. Tell me more." Bubba's eyes brightened. Marshall was really asking him about his passion, no matter how intensely lame it was.

"Well guess what!"

"I don't know. Tell me. What?"

"It explains the force of gravity, and velocity, and acceleration, and all types of forces, and light waves, and sound waves, and conductivity, and even- get this- protons and neutrons and electrons in electricity!" He took a deep breath in and Marshall chuckled softly, hugging him.

"My own little genius." Bubba blushes and looks up, glowing with happiness. Someone finally asked him about the two things in his life he loved to do. Math and science. Gumball squealed in joy and squeezed Marshall tight.

"No one has ever asked or cared about my efforts! I mean, other scientists have, but no one I've cared about has! Oh Marshall it feels SO good to be praised... You have no idea! It means so much to me..." He gasped a bit as he's suddenly snuggled tight. He chuckled. "It's almost like you never forgot me."

"I feel as if I've known you for a lifetime. I feel so good around you. I'm not afraid to say I love you too. I don't doubt that I did prior to the memory loss and I feel it in my bones now. I love you." He said softly, gorgeous black hair in his eyes as he smiled down on Bubba, who smiled up with the biggest cheeky grin. He had never felt so good. "I am going to marry you one day kid. I promise." Bubba blushed deeply and looked up again in aw, lips slightly parted, eyes widening as he ran the sentence through his head over and over. He studied Marshall, who held up his pinky to confirm the promise. He smiled softly, fangs showing slightly.

"P-promise?" He spoke hesitantly, holding up his pinky by Marshall's.

"I promise. Cross my heart." He pinky promised Bubba, then drew an 'X' over his heart, that now had a very faint beat. Bubba did the same to his own, then watched as Marshall leaned in to kiss him warmly. He slowly allowed his eyes to close as he felt sparks of pleasure in their kiss. Although they were polar opposites, they were in love. Marshall ran his fingers through Bubba's hair, and the prince gripped the front of Marshall's sweatshirt in his hands. He moaned softly, weakly, showing his gratitude for his lover. Bubba blushed as Marshall pulled away, and asked "So, we'll go on an actual date as an actual couple sometime soon. Oh- and Bubba, will you be my boyfriend?"

"Y-yes!" He smiled and squished Marshall tight with joy. He squeaked a bit, and pecked the top of his head. The cold blooded vampire could hardly believe he was acting this way. So soft and kind and cute and nice. Typically he wasn't like this, but Bubba manipulated him in ways he didn't understand. He didn't care though- It felt so good to be in love. Most importantly though, they needed each other in order to be truly happy, so it worked out well.

"So, where will our first date be?" Marshall yawned softly, rubbing Bubba's back skin on skin after pulling his shirt up a bit. The pink prince smiled softly, suddenly overwhelmed with exhaustion and happiness. Marshall's back rub and warm caress was soothing. Bubba leaned into him and closed his eyes, trying to think.

"Well, it is a-almost Christmas... Maybe we can... go sh-shopping for... gifts. Or... Or..." He tries to spit out the second idea, but the way Marshall was rubbing on him put him to sleep in seconds. He passed out into the vampire, breathing softly and slowly. Marshall lied on his back with Bubba on top, and pulled the covers up. After closing his own eyes, he fell asleep rather quickly as well. Their torsos were pressed together because of their sleeping position, and it didn't take long for their hearts to beat in sync with one another.