Epilogue

Both the king of the Candy Kingdom and the king of the Vampires, united by law and by the name of glob, aged together wonderfully. Their love never weakened nor did it go astray, not once. Both Bubba and Marshall Lee were an undeniably sweet couple, and did their best to run the kingdom in which they ruled. Marshall Lee Abadeer spent most of his days in the Candy Kingdom with his loving husband, but would occasionally go to the Nightosphere to visit his mother and the land of chaos. As the years passed, both Marshall and Bubba matured into fine men. They were finally adults and acted like it... most of the time. Occasionally they'd skip work and barricade themselves in the master bedroom, and take the day off to... well, release some tension. By the next day though they'd be out and about, as if it never happened.
One day, when Bubba was 23 and Marshall 1009, but only appearing to be 26, rumors and gossip were spreading around the kingdom and a good majority of Aaa. They were, of course, about an heir to the throne. How on earth would two men produce a blood related child to rule? Most likely, it was assumed that Bubba would create a fantastic machine to simulate a womb and he would grow a baby. He was a genius after all, and he had been created himself.
"I won't do it. I absolutely refuse. I would never put my child through the hell I went through. NEVER." Gumball said harshly to the toffee girl, who was interviewing Marshall and him. She blushed, and he did too. "I'm truly sorry miss, it's just a sore spot for me. I was created, yes, but growing up was very hard and I would never put my own baby through something so inhumane." He finished, and Marshall rubbed his back, ruby red eyes on the table.
"I didn't mean to upset you, your highness. I apologize. So... if you aren't going to create an heir, will you adopt one?"
"No," Marshall Lee spoke softly, kind of angry at her for pushing Bubba. She kept poking at an obviously open wound. "We have a very detailed and thorough plan as to how we will get a child. It is a private matter how."
"We simply do not want you or any of the citizens of this lovely kingdom to have worry in their hearts. Everything will be quite alright." Bubba said, glancing at Marshall with a soft, appreciative smile. He liked it very much that his husband was protective of him. Marshall reached over and touched his cheek. The toffee girl took some final notes, thanked them for their time, curtsied smoothly, and exited. Marshall checked his watch and yawned softly.
"It's verging six."
"Yeah. Let's go grab some dinner and head off to bed. I'd like to talk with you in private."
"Sure babe. Whatever's cool." He said with a smile, standing and helping Bubba to his feet. They walked hand in hand to the dining hall, proud to be together, as always. The bubblegum king stood tall, now just two inches under Marshall. He was clad in nice khaki pants and had a peach colored sweater on, tucked in nicely. He had more freedom on what he wore, thanks to Marshall. The vampire cleaned up his act just a little, as he wore nicer jeans and dressier shirts. At the moment he was wearing dark denim skinny jeans, black dress shoes, a grey undershirt, and a black vest with a crimson colored bow tie. His hair was now in a Mohawk, shaved off on either sides of his head. He had gotten some piercings that Bubba absolutely detested. One on each earlobe and two rings on his left cartilage. Although Bubba hated them, he couldn't help but get a small stud on his left lobe.
"What's for dinner tonight, Pepper?" Bubba asked his lovely and faithful maid as she entered with a tray.
"Your absolute favorite tonight. Filet mignon with garlic mashed potatoes and asparagus." Bubba grinned and waited patiently for Marshall to be served. Much to everyone's dismay, the men never sat across from one another at the table, like kings should. They casually sat next to one another, ate like pigs, and acted more like idiots than royalty. Marshall's tray, which housed a bowl full of chili was rested in front of him. He giggled at Bubba's food.
"You're such a princess Bubba." He teased, only to be shoved off his chair.
"I have good tastes, you undead freak!" He laughed as Marshall floated up and took his crown from his head. "I'm not judging you though, garbage for dinner must be divine."
"My food is better than yours by a longshot." It was Friday, the night they got to choose what they wanted to eat. Every time, they argued playfully about whose food choice was better. Marshall sat himself down with Bubba's crown on his head and ate hungrily. Gumball did the same until they were finished. Marshall set the crown back on his lovers head and smiled. "It's funny you wear that all the time."
"Our people need a figure to look up to. I wear the crown to be the figure. I would hope that you would too, but you don't."
"Ah, it gives me a headache." He belched loudly and Gumball burst with laughter.
"You're the rudest man I know. I can't even believe that I love you."
"Well you do so tough luck Bubby." He levitated from his chair, then yawned and stretched. He took the small shot of liquid that helped digest the food, and Bubba did the same. Together, hand in hand, they moved up the stairs and to the master bedroom. Marshall mindlessly waffled their fingers, making Bubba's cheeks turn rosy red. He loved to be loved. Upon entering, Marshall closed the door behind them and got two towels out of the linen closet. "What was it that you wanted to talk to me about in private?"
"How we are going to get this baby." Bubba stated quickly, catching Marshall's full attention. He took a deep breath, sighed, and then set the towels down in the restroom. He drifted back over to Bubba and hugged him tight.
"I'm ready for one. I'm willing to do whatever it takes. I want one and I feel that I am responsible enough to have one." He stated, lying out his opinion clearly for his lover to hear. Gumball grinned brightly.
"Very good to hear."
"My main question is... How?" Marshall asked, just as confused as all of the other citizens. How would they make it happen?
"Marshall, sit with me?" Bubba motioned them to the chairs on the balcony where they normally sat to get some piece and chat. The sun had just dropped below the horizon. They sat together and Marshall looked at Bubba questioningly, ready to hear what he had to say. "Marshall. I love you with everything I am. I believe in you. You mean the world to me and I would never do anything to hurt you."
"Right..." The vampire nodded, a little confused by the pep talk. Bubba took his hands and spoke clearly and concisely.
"Marshall, my body could never house a baby. It's made of candy and that just wouldn't work. Plus, I'm incredibly weak. I can hardly hold down food. How could I possibly have a baby? You though..." The vampire paled and blushed and felt his eyes widen and his jaw drop to the floor. Bubba moved over and hugged him tightly. "Your body is capable and able of it, with just a few simple changes."
"Oh... oh my... You- you want me to-" He leaned his head on Gumball's shoulder and closed his eyes, allowing it to sink in. He took a long, slow, deep breath, then blew out.
"Yes. I do." Bubba clung to him, crossing his fingers, praying to glob he wouldn't freak out. "I would do it, as I'm obviously not the dominant partner in our relationship, but my body is not able and I'd kill the child and probably die myself. It... It just physically cannot work like that. You are our only chance at this." The vampire listened to every single word and just hugged tighter. He pulled away, kissed Bubba, and nodded.
"I'll do whatever you need me to do. I want to try tonight." He said firmly and confidently. Bubba's eyes widened and sparkled. He grinned brightly and grabbed one of Marshall's big hands with both of his.
"You mean it!?"
"Yes, of course I do. I want this baby as badly as you. Let's do this." Marshall said happily as Bubba jumped up and ran inside.
"Marshall, I kinda stole this from the Nightosphere when we visited a month ago." He held up a small vile filled with a purple liquid. "There is a potion room that has almost everything you can think of that may cause chaos! Uh, there was a potion to make one transform into almost any animal imaginable, one to make you endlessly throw up bananas, whatever that's about..." Marshall shuddered and stuck out his tongue. "And many more. But the one that caught my interest was the gender swap potion. Now, according to the label, the entire being changes gender. I have rearranged some molecules and tweaked some of the magic to give the taker only gender swapped genitalia. So you'll have lady parts instead of male!" He chimed, and noticed that Marshall had turned red with embarrassment and concern.
"Oh my. Ummm... will I, uh, get my man parts back?" He asked, so unsure about this.
"Yes. I have the antidote that we can give you after you give birth." Bubba blushed and hugged him tight. "Oh honey I know it's so weird and scary but it's our only chance if we want to have a happy healthy baby that's one hundred percent our own." Marshall sighed heavily.
"Everyone will see me pregnant and make fun of me. Won't they?" He asked, so sensitive about this. It was far beyond bizarre.
"Not if I can help it. You can stay safe inside the castle and on the grounds. No one will see you but me and a select few if you don't want. I promise. It will be alright."
"I don't think I'm strong enough to give birth!"
"You will be after taking the potion. Don't worry. I've tested this. I've done everything possible to assure that it is safe. I swear to you, I wouldn't give it to you if I wasn't sure. If you take it tonight, we can try as soon as you have your... menstrual cycle." He blushed deeply and Marshall covered his face, trying not to show his fear. He wanted to be a brave hero for them. His heart had been beating and his body functioning normally for quite some time now. He would be fully capable to have the baby. Without any further questions of thinking, he took the potion. "Drink it all..." Bubba instructed gently as the vampire took the liquid like a shot. Immediately Bubba guided him to sit down and close his eyes. Marshall fell asleep within a minute.
When the vampire woke up, he was lying on the bed similar to the way he was lying last night. Gumball was still awake, sitting beside him, casually reading a book. He was monitoring him just to be sure everything changed smoothly, and it had. Marshall looked over and turned into him. "Hello Bubby. I... I don't... Have a..."
"Shhhhhh..." Bubba instructed softly, kissing his lips gently. "You've made the complete transformation honey. You kinda have chests, and... No more manhood. I did an MRI on you and have confirmed that you have female organs now. You're still my lovely Marshall. Feel okay?"
"For the most part, yeah." Bubba smiled at this and kissed his forehead. "How are you still attracted to me?" Marshall asked, one eyebrow raised, doing his best to block out the awkward sense of the change.
"I know this isn't a permanent affair and that you're doing this with pure bravery and faithfulness. I'm way attracted to you right now. You're still Marshall Lee and I love you endlessly." He said warmly as he rubbed Marshall's Mohawk back.
"Oh... Okie dokie..." Marshall said, kinda dizzy. All of his hormones and instincts were changing, his brain readapting well to the... slight change. "This is so weird."
"I know honey. It'll be okay."