Torn

*Inspired By: I Know What You Did Last Summer by Shawn Mendes feat. Camila Cabello*

*Part Two of Maya's Happiness*

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Maya's POV

"Does he know another's hands have touched my skin?"

I wake up with the sun streaming through the windows of the dorm room I was sleeping in. Of course it's not my dorm room, nor is it my boyfriend's. I turn over, finding Josh fast asleep next to me, the sheets the only thing covering his body after our night last night.

It's been about a month since my birthday. Four weeks since I found out that Josh is in love with me and I confessed that I feel the same way. Four weeks since I was about to break Lucas' heart, only to have Riley interrupt to announce we had to do a round of shots for my birthday. I had found it impossible to get the words out to Lucas since then.

"You're thinking too loud" Josh complains as his grip around my waist tightens. I loved Josh but I knew what we were doing was wrong. I was cheating on Lucas, like really cheating on Lucas. Josh and I say I love you almost every day and we've slept together twice since my birthday.

"It's hard not to" I sigh as I sit up, wrapping the sheets around my chest before running my fingers through my hair. "I gotta end things with him."

"Whenever you're ready" he says sweetly as he sits up, kissing my cheek. "I'm gonna go take a shower. You're welcome to stay."

"No I should go. I already pushed my luck with sleeping over. I'll text you later" I add as I climb out of bed, pulling my clothes from last night back onto my body.

"Okay. I love you" he says as he flashes me a quick smile.

"I love you too" I reply honestly before slipping out of his room and heading towards my own.

"It's tearing me apart"

I reach my room and I'm thankful once again that I decided to get a single. I couldn't take anyone seeing me right now. I collapse onto my bed letting tears fall from my face, hating myself for every single one. I was the reason I was crying. This was ridiculous. I had to end things with Lucas.

Suddenly there's a knock on my door making me moan in annoyance as I wipe my tears before throwing open my door. My breath catches in my throat as my eyes land on Lucas standing on the other side.

"Have you been crying?" he asks worriedly as he brushes past me, not bothering to exchange pleasantries.

"Yea" I sigh as he takes a seat on my bed while I pace nervously. I had to end this. I had to tell him everything.

"Everything okay?" he asks sweetly. "You've been acting kinda weird lately" he adds as I bite my lip in nervousness. There was no way out. This was tearing me apart and as much as I knew it would hurt him, I had to tell him.

"Just lie to me there's no other"

"Lucas we need to talk" I say carefully as I look into his sparkling green eyes that are clouded with confusion.

"Okay. What's up?" he asks confused. "You've been acting weird since your birthday, did something happen?"

I look away from him, unable to look him in the eyes as I nod my head. "What happened Maya? Whatever it is we can get through it."

"No we can't" I say seriously as I look back up to him.

"Why?" he asks suddenly sounding blunt, the anger building in his voice.

"I didn't mean for it to happen" I say quickly.

"Didn't mean for what to happen?" he exclaims as my phone lights up on my nightstand, Josh's name lighting the screen. "Holy shit" he mutters as he grabs the phone, holding it in his hand. "You aren't" he says in disbelief as tears threaten to spill down my face but I can't cry. Crying would be unfair to Lucas, I'm in the wrong here, not Lucas.

"He told me he loved me on my birthday. I said it back" I confess as his face falls. "I was gonna break up with you but Riley wanted to do shots and she interrupted" I continue quickly as he shakes his head.

"That was a month ago Maya" he exclaims as he throws the phone onto the bed.

"I know" I say softly. "I'm sorry."

"Have you slept with him?" he asks angrily, the question breaking me as tears finally spill from my eyes.

"Yes" I whisper, not able to look him in the eyes.

"We're done Maya" he says seriously as he storms out of my room.

"Just hold me close"

I decide to skip my classes for the day, staying in my room where I know I won't run into anyone. I'm on my laptop deleting pictures of me and Lucas when I hear a knock on my door.

"I'm not home" I lie, hearing a chuckle from the other side of the door. Josh. "Come in" I give as the door slowly opens, revealing the boy I was helplessly in love with, dressed in a pair of jeans and the shirt he was wearing last night when we went out. "Ever hear of doing laundry" I tease making him laugh as he leans against my desk where I was sitting.

"It's all over school babe" he says softly as I close my eyes, letting the information sink in.

"What do they know?" I ask carefully as he sighs, my eyes opening to see him rubbing his neck nervously.

"Want the actual straight up version or the "I love you and I want to protect you" version?" he asks making me sigh as I run my fingers through my hair.

"Straight up please. I'd rather hear it from you."

"You're a slut who fucked some guy while dating the sweetest guy on the planet" he says bluntly making me cringe.

"Great. No one knows it was you that I" I trail off as he shakes his head.

"No one knows" he assures me. "What happened?" he asks as he pulls me out of my chair to stand in front of him so he can wrap me in his arms.

"Lucas came. I was crying. You called. The puzzle pieces just all fell into place" I explain. "I screwed everything up Josh."

"We screwed everything up" he says seriously. "But it's gonna be okay" he says as he caresses my cheek.

"I just don't want everyone to hate me" I break as tears start falling again, this time though Josh is there to catch them.

"It's gonna take some time but it'll all be okay and for the record I still love you" he adds sweetly making me smile as I lean in to kiss him.

"I love you too" I reply as we pull apart. "Can we just stay in tonight? I really don't want to face anyone."

"Of course" he says sweetly as we walk over to my bed, turning on Netflix. I relax into his arms, feeling at peace for the first time all day. We had created a mess but we'd be okay because we had each other.