Working up a Sweat

Maya's POV

"Yes" I exclaim happily as I look down at my watch checking my time.

12 minutes 43 seconds. "Best time yet" I smile to myself as I grab my water bottle and take a swig, beginning my walk back to the Matthews' house. My parents were out of town the entire weekend for a photography expo so I was staying with Cory and Topanga, not that I minded in the slightest since Josh was staying at the loft all summer.

I make it back to the loft and walk in, my breath hitching in my throat when I see Josh standing in the kitchen making a sandwich. "Gorgeous" he greets with a smile as he looks up at me.

"Hey" I reply breathlessly, still a bit winded from my run. "Whatcha doing?" I ask curiously as I walk further into the loft towards the kitchen, not getting too close to Josh since I was sweaty and gross from my workout.

"Making lunch. What were you up to?" he questions.

"Went out for a run" I reply, "and now I think I'm gonna head up for a shower" I add as I grab a chip from the open bag on the table. "I'll see you later" I shout over my shoulder as I start making my way towards the stairs but Josh catches my wrist.

"Why?" he asks making my eyebrows furrow in confusion.

"Why?" I ask, a laugh bubbling out of me. "Because I'm sweaty from my run."

He smirks, tugging on my hand and pulling me against him. "But what's the point of showering now when you're just gonna get sweaty later" he replies seductively making butterflies erupt in my stomach and a tingling sensation spread through my body.

"Josh" I protest playfully. It was the summer before my senior year and Josh and I had succumbed to temptation pretty quickly, what with him staying here.

"What?" he replies innocently, reaching up to tuck a wild strand of hair behind my ear.

"You know what" I giggle, looking up into his eyes that have clouded over with desire.

"No one's home" he points out as he motions around us. I gnaw my bottom lip, looking up at him before letting out a sigh.

"Dammit Josh" I groan in defeat before closing the distance between us and crashing my lips onto his. He smirks against my lips, wrapping his arms around my waist, moving them down my ass and to my thighs. He picks me up letting me wrap my legs around him as he carries me back to his bedroom. He carries me over the threshold, kicking the door shut behind us before dropping me down onto his bed. "You are an awful influence Matthews" I tease as I stare up at him lovingly.

"I'm awful at staying away from you is what I am" he replies honestly, ducking down to kiss me. "We really don't have to, you can go shower if you want. I was just messing with you." I smile, letting my fingers loose through his hair.

"I know" I confirm, "I want to" I reply honestly allowing a smile to pull at his lips as he leans back down to kiss me.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

"Now we both need showers" I laugh as Josh rolls off of me breathlessly while I try to regain my own breathing.

"That idea has some merit" he replies making me laugh harder as I turn on my side to look at him.

"How?" I exclaim. "Aren't you tired?" I ask with a laugh.

"Baby I promise I could make you forget how tired you are" he replies making my cheeks flush dark red at his dirty implication. "Kidding" he adds after a few seconds, gazing into my eyes. "This is new to you, I'm not gonna push like that."

It was new. I was just under eighteen but technically here in New York that wasn't an issue and plus I only had about six months to go anyway so we decided to throw caution to the wind. He was my first and I knew I wasn't his but I planned to be his last. I don't even realize I'm deep in thought until Josh catches my attention.

"Gorgeous" he says softly, reaching up to caress my cheek. "Are you okay? I didn't hurt you or something did I?" he asks worriedly, sitting up in terror.

"No" I insist with a soft smile. "Josh I'm fine." The first time a few weeks ago wasn't too much fun but it had been getting better.

"Okay" he breathes out, relief washing over him. I smile as I lean forward to kiss him, letting my lips linger just a few extra seconds. "I love you" he whispers making my body ignite in ways I didn't think possible.

"I love you too" I reply happily as I lean back in to kiss him. "We should get back downstairs" I add as he nods in agreement. We both quickly get dressed and head back downstairs, hand in hand.

"Hey guys" Auggie greets us as we reach the bottom of the steps. We both look at Auggie who's sitting at the table eating the sandwich Josh had initially planned to eat for lunch. and back at each other before letting a laugh bubble out. "Thanks for the lunch Uncle Josh" he smiles after taking the last bite.

"Anytime buddy" he laughs, squeezing my hand. "Want a sandwich?" he asks me making me giggle as I nod.

"I'd love one."