Chapter three: Trapped

I couldn't force my to eyes open from my slumber, even though the constant flashbacks of the deaths of my friends kept repeating on my eyelids over and over, like a movie screen. They kept screaming  at me and pleading to me to help them, to save them. Their eyes were filled with horror as they clawed at the dark water that tried to submerge and drown them, reaching out to me helplessly as they were pulled under. The worst was Jo, blood seeping out heavily from the deep wound in his chest. The blood was slowly running down his body, pooling out on the floor as he softly whispered "It's okay. You'll join us soon enough. You'll be with me again someday." He would repeat this again and again soothingly, smiling sadly and slowly sinking down to his knees, dying quietly before the scene would repeat. That terrified me and questioned my sanity levels. I missed them all so, so much, but I didn't want to die just yet. I needed closure for their deaths.

~

By the time my mind released me from the terror-filled dreams, I was shaking and crying like a baby. My eyes finally slitted open and I shot up straight from where I laid. This only to cause me to groan and grab the back of my head, a splitting pain shooting through my skull and making me lay back down. Where the hell am I?!?! From where I laid, I looked at the surroundings my eyes could roll around to see. It was a junkie looking cabin, clearly handmade. The floor was dirt, and is smelt like death and decay. Once the pain in my head subsided, I sat up groggily. That was a bad choice. Everyone was there. All of their bodies were mangled and bloody, their heads barely attached to their bodies and their limbs at unnatural angles. Jo looked like he was even more mutilated than when he had died. I immediately turned my head away, vomiting the very little contents of my stomach onto the ground. "It's just a dream. Just a nightmare." I whispered over and over, rocking in the corner with my eyes closed tight like a frightened child. That's when I heard footsteps.

~

He had walked into the room, the door protesting at his entrance with the loud rusted hinges screeching open. I yelped, suddenly losing all self control at the sight of him and just started sobbing, pleading for him to stop and go away, to leave me alone and then I changed my mind, asking to die with the others. My sanity was completely drained at the moment. I was just done. Running on basically zero sleep, little to nothing of food, and, you know, the murder of your friends haunting your vision can kind of break you. Jason looked at me with pure surprise of my meltdown at that moment. He thought he had actually killed me when he smacked me in the head with the door back at the cabins. He stalked over to me slowly, not caring about the broken bodies of my life he carelessly stepped on. I closed my eyes tight, pressing against the wall as hard as I could to try and stay out and away from his bear trap-like grasp. He had grabbed be then, holding me in the air by the throat. I choked and coughed, trying to pry his hand off of my neck. It was no use. The light started to fade, and my body went limp as I passed out.

~

I woke up in the cabin I had first unpacked my things in when we arrived, except I was chained by the wrists to the upstairs bedroom bedpost. I shivered softly at the thought of what was to come, shaking the chains violently out of frustration of being unable to get free. Everyone I ever loved was dead. All of my life-long friends slaughtered and mangled at the hands of that horrible monster. I was too busy crying softly into my hands to notice him standing in the doorway. I finally raised my head after hearing him clear his throat, yelping in surprise in which acknowledged his presence. Once again, the shaking started up as he approached me. My conscience kicked in at that moment suddenly. Don't let him see you're scared. Don't let him have the satisfaction. Be brave. For everyone. You got to be. I took a deep breath and slowed my heart rate, making direct eye contact as he approached me, not a single second wavering. He stood at the foot of the bed, staring down at me for a few seconds, the air between us silent and electrifyingly tense.

~

After a moment, Jason scoffed slightly and tossed me a wadded up piece of paper, then exited the room. After seeing him go back downstairs, I grabbed the paper and smoothed it out, reading the jagged handwriting and words that were struggled to be spelt written down on it. 'You're stuck here for now on, kid. Blah blah, my back story, blah blah. I'm Jason Voorhees, and you are officially stuck here for life. And don't even think about escaping. You'll regret it.'
"Wonderful." I groaned hopelessly, noticing the key for the padlock on my chains also fall from the paper. I immediately unlocked them, rubbing the raw skin on my wrists and slowly getting up. This was going to be absolutely horrible. I crept downstairs, surprised to see Jason gone, but the doors heavily locked. I whimpered sadly, but made my way down and sat on the couch to watch TV. Of course, the news came on immediately and showed photos of me and my friends, happy and laughing, stating the homicides that happened and how the bodies were probably at the bottom of the lake. After that, I immediately turned off the Television, and once again, the horrible feeling of loss sank to the pit of my stomach. Well this is the best life ever. Trapped forever with my childhood friends', my ONLY friends' murderer.

~

Hiya!!! Hope you've enjoyed reading this so far c: sorry if it's dragging on the romance, but this dude did just kinda murder everyone that had ever cared for you. Any who!!! Please comment what you think c: the feedback helps a lot for me and I love seeing you guys.
Peace,
Maxx 🖤