Chapter eight: Fright

Nowadays, I've been baiting Jason's victims deep into the woods for him. It's really fun, in a creepy way, to trick horny dumbasses looking for a quickie to follow you into the forest, and myself knowing they'd get picked off by Jason before anything would happen. Jason, of course, gets jealous when I lure them in, which makes him react faster and with even more brutality than usual. It was funny, seeing him all worked up and flustered about me flirting with other people. One of the many reasons I loved him and was glad to call him mine now. After he would kill one of the victims I'd brought along, he'd plant a quick kiss on my cheek before waiting for me to bring the next one out, as if marking his territory. It was our own little system, and it worked like a charm. I don't mean to be mean and cocky or anything like that, but I'm pretty decent looking, so it makes the job go easier.
After Jason finished off one of the last remaining campers, he was walking over to me when I felt an arm wrap around my waist, pulling me back and away from him. I gasped, looking up to see who it was. One of the campers had apparently heard his friend scream while dying and came to investigate. "Stay away from her!" The guy screamed, the hammer of the gun in his grasp clicking into place, ready to fire.

~

Of course, it was a horrible idea in this dude's case to put an arm around me. It only enraged Jason. He started walking towards us faster, and that's when the other guy fired the gun, the sound ringing in my ears and making me close my eyes tight. Hearing a quiet grunt, I opened my eyes once again and saw a clean bullet hole going through the side of Jason's mask, then watched as Jason fell over with a loud thud.

I wailed out as he hit the ground, my knees buckling under me. The guy holding me wasn't expecting this, so he came down with me as well. "C'mon, we gotta go!" He yelled, yanking my arm and trying to get me up. That's when I got pissed. I whirled around to face him, clocking him a solid one right in the jaw. "You killed him!!! Why?!?!" I sobbed, continuing to attack however I could through the tears. At that time, another gunshot went off and a searing pain went through my thigh, making me cease my advances and clutch my leg. The guy had shot me out of fear, and I heard him whisper "oh god." as he saw the blood coming out of the wound. "I'm so sorry. You were completely delusional-" he began trying to apologize, but I was hissing in pain through my teeth, trying to silence myself from crying out. That's when he went completely silent.

I looked at him in confusion, then saw him looking behind me with the look of disbelieving terror. Turning my head, I saw Jason standing a feet feet away from us, the blood from his own gunshot wound silently trailing crimson down the side of his face and dropping onto his shirt. "How the fuck?!" The guy beside me yelped, trying to scramble to his feet. It was too late for him. I have never seen Jason in this state of rage before. He already had the boy by the head, slowly applying pressure to his skull until a distinct crack sounded, the boy screaming in pain as his head was becoming deformed. But Jason let him go, knowing the boy wouldn't be able to move from his now broken cranium. Jason started stomping on the guy now, starting from the legs. A shattering sound was heard with every time he brought down his foot, and broke the boy's pelvis before backing up to admire his work. Blood came from the boys now lifeless eyes, ears and nose, his legs at impossible angles.

~

I had barely noticed the way the boy had looked after Jason had finished with him, since my own vision was getting dark and fuzzy from blood loss "J-Jason..." I called out softly, my voice unable to go and louder. I think it nicked an artery. Shit. At least my leg had gone numb at that point, so the pain no longer affected me, but the blood loss still was making me dizzy. Jason finally looked back to me, his eyes still blazing with fury, which quickly disappeared when he saw the state I was in. He ran over, picking me up bridal style and heading to the house as quick as he could. I clung onto his shirt tightly, burying my face into his chest as my breaths began to become shallow. I don't wanna go out like this! My mind screamed, but I couldn't let myself give into the sleep that gently encouraged me to close my eyes and let everything wash into black just yet.

Jason had bursted into our cabin, quickly running into the bathroom in search of a first aid kit. "I'll be fine." I whispered softly, smiling and kissing his neck softly one last time before I finally gave up and everything went black.

~

I was woken up to sunlight sneaking through the curtains of my bedroom. I groaned slightly, pulling the blankets over my head before stopping and thinking. Wait, was it all a dream? Everything seemed so normal. Jason sleeping on his stomach and shirtless, the bedroom still tidy. I sat up. That's when I realized it had been real. A dull pain tore through my leg, making me inhale sharply from the wave of hurt shooting through my leg. I laid back again, steadying my breaths once more. I also realized then that Jason was awake, watching me with guilt and sorrow in his eyes.

He sat up on his elbows, leaning over and pulling me close, softly trapping me underneath himself as he planted affectionate kisses on my neck and shoulders. After the months of being with him, this is the way he would apologize. "It's not your fault, baby." I murmured softly to him, though I did wrap my arms around his neck. He rested his forehead against mine, softly shaking his head. I smiled softly, lifting his mask slightly and pecking his lips. "I was so scared I lost you when you got shot. I thought you were dead." I whispered softly, tears pooling up in the corners of my eyes at the thought of not having him. He saw this, softly wiping them away and holding me close in a way to comfort me, consoling me that he was still here and healthy. I smiled, rolling over to face him and looking up to him. "You're still in trouble for taking my pants off while I was knocked out." I teased, laughing as he blushed at me confronting him.

~

This is a lot of fun to write 😂 any who, thanks for reading! You should comment something to make me laugh 😉 I'm going through some tough problems right now, and this book has been keeping my mind off it c: so thanks for reading so I'm encouraged to keep writing!
Peace,
Maxx 🖤