Chapter seventeen: Back Home

We finally got to go home after a few days of being at the hospital to make sure that the baby was okay and that I was healing up correctly. Jason was uncomfortable about being in a public space without a mask nor machete. I was glad he stayed with me, though. Hormones are always so high after giving birth, so I've been mess lately.

Cassie drove us all home after I was discharged, and I held (y/b/n) the whole way home. I was surprised at how quiet he has been, after all, babies cry constantly. I thanked Cassie the entire way home and the way in, only
stopping once she had driven away. "Welcome home." I murmured softly to my new son, smiling as I looked at him, then to Jason. "Damn you make cute kids." I teased, grinning happily as he chuckled and kissed my forehead softly.

~

I never knew how much you could sleep when you had a baby who rarely cried. I was tired constantly, and I took a lot of naps with (y/b/n). Jason was so patient with it all, and always stayed close to us. His reaction was hilarious when I breast fed (y/b/n) for the first time. He'd never really known about that before, and I nearly laughed my ass off when he found out what I was doing. "Yeah, not only you do this. Babies do as well." I had teased, making his face turn red as he walked out of the room.

When (y/b/n) had his first birthday, that's when I started thinking about the future. He'll need to go to school. I'm not homeschooling him; he will need to make friends and have some sort of social interaction besides his parents.

"What are we gonna do?" I asked Jason after I had voiced these thoughts, holding my sleeping son in my arms. He started to think, resting his chin on his hand and drumming his fingers against his cheek. "All I could think of was moving into town, but don't you want to stay here? You've kinda have rumors to fulfill." I thought out loud, looking over to Jason with a concerned face.

He pulled over the notebook and pen I had given him, and began writing on a blank page. It took him a bit to finish, but I soon received the paper and read it through: Do we really want our son to live with me, an infamous serial killer, for his entire childhood? Or to be stuck out in the woods for his whole childhood as well? Find a good place in town to move into. Take him over here and see me on the weekends. I don't want to influence him in any way. I could end up teaching him some bad shit.

I read Jason's writing sadly, my eyes scanning his handwriting. "I don't want you to be all alone all day... or not be able to watch your son grow up." I whispered, fighting against the crack my voice threatened to split. He took another page and scribbled something else down. Then come see me while he's at daycare or school or whatever. The town's small, and you could easily drop him off and come here. And I'll see him grow up; you'll be coming every weekend for the entire time.
I nodded my head, knowing he had a point. "Let me call Cassie really quick. She can help me find a place. Mind holding him?" I asked Jason, offering (y/b/n) to him.

He looked surprised: I hadn't asked him to before, and he didn't push to do it. He was scared to hurt his son accidentally. "It'll be fine. Just a few minutes." I promised, gently setting (y/f/n) into Jason's arms before walking mout of the living room and outside to call Cassie. She'd know what to do.

"What do you think?" I asked Cassie, after filling her in on what was going on. "As much as I hate to say it, (y/n), I think Jason is right. You do gotta raise your son in town. He has to get out and socialize. You gotta do what is best for him. Jason already said you could see him any time since you already live so close to town. It's legit a two minute drive from town to the Camp." Cassie sighed, and I could hear that she was tired. I hadn't even seen that it was so late at night! "Shit, did I wake you up?!" I groaned, and she laughed tiredly. "You just noticed?" She teased, making me feel bad. "I'm sorry dude."
"It's fine. I'm gonna go to sleep and find you a new house in the morning. Night." She said, hanging up.

~

I walked back into the living room where I had left (y/b/n) and smiling as I saw Jason asleep while holding his son. "Wake up, babe." I murmured softly to Jason, kissing his cheek gently and placing a hand against his arm. He groaned softly and rubbed his eye, waking up finally and standing up slowly as to not wake up (y/b/n). I smiled as I saw He had calmed down about holding the baby since I had left him alone. "Cassie is gonna help find a house in the morning. I'm gonna visit every day after we leave." I murmured as we walked to bed, Jason softly setting his son down in the cradle.

I woke up cuddled up against Jason early in the morning to the sound of (y/b/n) fussing in his bed. I stretched and kissed Jason's neck once, getting out of the bed and walking over to the crib. "Morning, little dude." I murmured softly, grinning in amusement as I saw him chewing on his foot. I scooped him up, quietly walking down to the living room to feed him as to not wake Jason up. I nearly jumped out of my skin when I saw Cassie in her pajamas sitting on my couch and watching morning cartoons.

"Jesus Christ woman." I groaned as I sat down next to Cas, beginning to feed (y/b/n) as I leaned back. "Well good morning to you too." She teased, grinning and looking over to me, grabbing her Laptop from the ground. "So, you ready to shop for some houses?"

After about an hour of looking, we found an adorable three-bedroom house that was just across the street from Cassie. "It's sold fully furnished, so furniture won't be a problem. Just bring clothes and food!" Cassie exclaimed cheerfully. I was excited too, but I hated the thought of leaving Jason alone once again... we've been through a lot with each other, and I hated to not know he was always close by me or near the house all the time.

~

I think the next chapter might be the last one before I start a new story 😅. I've run out of ideas for this plot. If you want this story to continue. Please message me with a plot idea! If no one does, I'll be ending this story in the next chapter an either starting a Norman Bates or GhostFace story.
Peace,
Maxx 🖤