Chapter nine: Recovery

It was still healing. It was taking what seemed like forever to do so. Apparently it had broken through the bone and of course ruined muscle, according to the doctor that I had talked Jason into letting me see. They said to simply keep weight off of it, and to take it easy for a couple weeks, maybe even months. Great. Being cooped up even longer in the cabin.

It was difficult driving back, but I eventually arrived home to see Jason waiting for me. He groaned when he saw me get out with crutches, walking over and just scooping me up so I wouldn't have to walk all the way inside. I laughed and looked up at him, grinning in amusement as we plopped down on the couch. "Ya know, I might just enjoy milking this and making you do everything." I teased, sitting in his lap and using his shoulder as a pillow. He chuckled and kissed my forehead, wrapping his arms around my waist and pulling me close. Now that I think about it, I might just enjoy my time to be treated like a princess!

~

All day we either watched cartoons, cuddled, or Jason carried me on his back as we wandered around the campgrounds. So much for being cooped up inside. He knew I hated it, so he made an effort to get me out. Once we got back, we were both laughing and relaxed, enjoying our day majorly.

That's when I realized that there was going to be a problem with me bathing, since there couldn't be any weight at all on my bad leg. It didn't help that I completely despised taking baths as well. Lovely. "Hey Jason?" I asked meekly, looking up to him with a slight blush. He looked down to me and tilted his head curiously, showing that he was listening. "I kinda need to take a shower..." I mumbled softly, breaking eye contact and blushing deeper. "Could... could you maybe help me out?" I added in with my question, my voice becoming a bit quieter from myself being embarrassed for asking. I heard him chuckle as he nodded his head, once again picking me up and carrying me to the bathroom.

We reached the bathroom, and Jason set me down on the counter, pulling the curtain to the side and starting up the water. Yeah, I've been with Jason for a while, and yeah, I'm confident about my body... with clothes on. It still was embarrassing for myself. Welp, better get over it. I'm stuck like this for a while. I took a deep breath, shoving down my feelings as I pulled off my shirt and wriggled out of my shorts, revealing the scar from the gunshot on my leg. Jason was undressing as well; he was just in his boxers by then.

When he turned around, we found each other silently checking one another out. After both of us noticing what we were doing after a few minutes, we laughed, making the slightly awkward tension disappear. I blushed slightly as I took off the rest, and Jason doing the same. I hid my face in my hands, but relaxed when he came over and softly kissed my forehead, lifting me up gently and stepping into the shower. He knew I was uncomfortable with this type of thing, so he did his best to not look over me as he helped hold me up when I washed my hair.

After that was over, he had wrapped me up in a towel like a baby, tying one around his own waist as well before setting me on my bed. "Thanks for the help." I murmured to him, smiling and kissing the side of his mask before laying back against the bed. I had sneaked under the covers, tossing my towel out to the side and stretching out underneath them. He did the same, slipping under the clean linens beside me and laying on his stomach and stretching out. Facing him, I smiled and relaxed. I could get used to this, that's for sure. "God I love you." I mumbled, Jason pulling his mask up and kissing me softly. I smiled into it, letting myself let go of my insecurities and laying against him, skin brushing skin with no lust, but just close affection.

~

We had eventually fallen asleep like that, which was probably the best I've ever slept. I woke up with him spooning me, my back pressed to his chest. I didn't move, but just enjoyed his warmth and the soft sound of summer rain hitting the balcony. The feeling of his lips on my neck and muscular arms tighten around my waist signaled that Jason had woken up, making me smile as I closed my eyes and leaned against him, no words shared between us.