Chapter eleven: Fuck-up

Finally, Winter came around. No more campers. No more blood staining everything. No more interruptions, if you catch my drift 😉. Aaaaaanyways, the snow had already built up outside, and it covered the trees, causing the entire campgrounds to look like a winter wonderland. I've now been going into town and exploring this winter, even meeting some new people on my trips. Jason always got so worried when I did this, but I always reassured him that I had at least a pocketknife handy. It made him feel a little better, but he was always on my case about going around town.

I had met a girl named Cassie on my time out on the town. She was the sweetest and friendliest girl I've ever met. Yeah, she was a major hoe and slept with anyone who was willing to do so, but she made up for that flaw in personality. She was taller than me, but was skinnier paler than me. All the hiking and exploring I do keeps me looking good, just to brag a bit. Anyways, I had met her at a little pet shop corner store, since we were both drooling over a little Labrador puppy. That's when our friendship had begun.

We had gone over to our usual little coffee shop, talking and making really bad puns as the bitter wind outside blew snow up into the air. "We should go over to your place after. I haven't seen it, and you already know mine like the back of your hand." She laughed softly, her green eyes smiling as she did so. I hesitated a bit at this. "Okay. Gimme an hour to straighten up the place and get junk food." I said, grinning at her happily. She grinned back and nodded, standing up from her spot. "An hour it is. I gotta run some errands anyways. See you then!" She shouted cheerfully, walking out after paying for her drink. I sighed worriedly, quickly paying as well and heading home.

~

I walked in the front door, shaking off my hat which snow had collected on. "Jason?" I called out, then saw his head pop out from the living room doorway curiously. "I'm... kinda going to have a friend over in about an hour." I said, giving a nervous smile and waiting for his reaction. He grabbed the whiteboard and marker I had gotten him and popped off the cap, scribbling something down and showing me that it simply said "no". "Sorry babe, you don't have a choice." I said, shrugging my shoulders stubbornly. "I suggest you don't let her see you unless you want your existence to be proven." I said, walking away and smirking as I heard him groan in frustration. I'm stubborn as a bull, but he knew this when he met me.

I heard him storm upstairs into the guest bedroom we have, slamming the door hard enough to shake the frame. I sighed, shaking my head before cleaning up a bit to prepare for Cassie. An hour later, the doorbell was rung.

I grinned in amusement as Cassie walked in, dropping her bag on the floor and saying "THE HOE QUEEN. HAS ARRIVED."  "Lovely enter, night I say." I laughed, golf clapping as she bowed. "I do my best." She joked, plopping down on the couch beside me.

We had chatted the entire time as movies played in the background. She apparently grew up in a really bad area, and her parents were awful. She had depended on selling and using drugs until she was caught and put into rehab. She then uses sex to cope with the PTSD of her life. I don't know why, but it works for her, at least. "And that's everything." She had said, smiling slightly. Through the entire story we had both been emotional wrecks, going through a whole lot of tissues.

After we calmed down, she turned to look at me. "So what's your life-" she started, but her eyes went wide and mouth fell open as she looked behind me.

I raised an eyebrow, then looked back to see Jason coming up behind me. Cassie screamed, getting up and bolting to the door. "Cassie, wait!" I yelled, but she was already running out. I chased after her, catching up at her car. "Not him, not him, not him." She was sobbing, and I quickly slid in beside her. "What do you mean?" I asked, even more nervous. She was shaking hard, then turned to look at me.