Chapter seven: Jealousy

It's been getting better around the cabin. I've been here for a while now, and I'm presumed dead to the world. Jason finally trusts me enough to call into town and get groceries delivered straight to my home. He's been pretty chill lately, and nothing romantic-wise has really happened. It's been a lot of fun hanging out with a serial killer, actually. You get a new perspective on things. Hm, reading back what I just wrote, it appears I've lost my mind. Probably. Continuing on, I'm not too worked up anymore about him killing people. I've gone numb to it. Yeah, I hate when he does, but I can't do anything about it. At least he keeps the violence away from the cabin. I've also gotten him to acknowledge hygiene; you know, buying him clean clothes and showering. I'm sorry, but he smelt like death (lol no surprise) a lot, and if I'm stuck here, that's gonna need to change.

~

Today was grocery day. Jason is always gone when the stuff is delivered, not risking anyone seeing him and escaping. he had been chilling in the living room when the doorbell rang. Immediately, he had reached for his machete. I caught his arm, pulling it back. "Don't you dare. Go into the kitchen, it's just the grocery boy." I said, pushing him away. He walked out, and I quickly answered the door. Dani was the boy who always brought groceries, and he always tried to flirt, but I unfortunately have to turn him down every time. "Hey (y/n)" he greeted, smiling brightly, in which I returned one. "Hey Dani." I replied, as we began the short chats we usually have. That's when I saw Jason standing in the kitchen doorway, rage covering his face as Dani once again tried his cliche flirting. I gave Jason the "don't. Do. Anything." Look, continuing my chat before taking the groceries and closing the door, walking past him and setting the groceries on the kitchen counter. "Get your panties out of a twist." I told him, putting things away and glancing over at him. He only looked back to me when Dani's car had completely disappeared. "Wait... is someone JEALOUS?" I asked with faked astonishment. "I'm SOOOO sorry I didn't give you all my attention." I continued teasing, Jason rolling his eyes and leaning against the table as I climbed on top of the counters to reach the cupboards. Why did the cupboards need to be so high? I jumped slightly when he had lifted me up to reach the top shelf to put something away, causing me to laugh. "One, I'm ticklish as hell, two, I can just use you as a ladder." I giggled, looking down at him, since he was holding me the way Rafiki held Simba. Just looking at him, I could see he was still worked up about Dani's attempts to hit on me. He'll get over it... I hope.

~

He was still worked up about it by dinner. For fucks sake he can hold a grudge. He refused to eat much, and wouldn't look at me. All he did was sit on the couch in the dark as the TV played old black and white movies. This annoyed me a lot. I am a people person, and when he's the only person I can freely socialize with, it gets on my nerves he's ignoring me. This was the final straw. If he wants to be like this, I know a million ways to make him knock it off. "Jesus Christ." I finally bursted out, immediately jumping onto his lap, yanking his mask up, and kissing him hard. I could feel him gasp sharply in surprise for a second, his twisted lips parting for Just a second before kissing back, his hands snaking around my waist as my arms wrapped around his neck. This lasted for a short time before I pulled away, resting my forehead against his. "Don't be all jealous. You're not fun to tease and goof around with when you're upset." I whispered softly, smiling softly and still holding onto him. He chuckled, pulling his mask down again and leaning back, relaxing from the now-released tension. I smirked triumphantly at my plan, getting up to change into pajamas and go to bed.

~

Once again, I woke up cuddled up against Jason's bare chest, as he was still asleep and breathing softly. I traced the scars on his chest softly with my fingertips, waiting for him to wake up. I'm glad he was getting more comfortable with me now. I'm not even sure what we are, in all honesty. Is this a serious type of thing or more of a cuddle buddy thing? I'm just as confused as him, probably. I was shaken out of my thinking as I heard the always-arousing morning groan, his strong arms pulling me closer as he nuzzled his face against me neck. This helped some of my previous thoughts, at least, the cuddling. "Morning." I murmured gently, smiling and glancing over at him as relaxed at his touch. He hummed a soft note that I've figured to be a morning reply, since he knows I don't mind that he doesn't talk. "We got to get up." I muttered, trying to sit up. He whined like a child, letting me go and laying on his back, stretching and looking over to me. "C'mon. I'll make breakfast." I promised, stealing one of his oversized shirts and sliding it on before heading downstairs and into the kitchen. I could her him coming downstairs as I cooked, smiling as he wrapped his arms around my waist from behind me, burying his face once again into the crook of my neck. "You're quite snuggly today, if I'd admit." I spoke, continuing on with my cooking. For the rest of the day, he was basically clinging me. While I did laundry, while I watched TV, etc. everywhere I went, he was basically attached to me. I didn't mind it; I kinda like the cuddly attention I got. I believe it did answer my question on what we were, and that we were a cute psycho couple. And that's completely okay with me.

~

I'm the wise words of DJ Khaled, 'Another One'. It's late af rn, so I'll look over it and edit it in the morning c: I'm sleeping now. You should leave a comment for me to wake up to 😏
Peace,
Maxx 🖤