Chapter eighteen: Good Life

I only left the cabin once (y/b/n) started to walk and talk, knowing that this was the time for him to start making some friends and getting out into the world. I didn't want to leave, since Jason had smiled like an idiot when his son's first words were "dada", and when he taught his own son how to walk for the first time. These were the milestones of my life. I was nervous to see how he would behave around the baby, but Jason is the only person I would trust to be the father of my kids.

It was a night of desperate and needy contact on the day before I had to leave. He hated to see us go, but he knew it was for the better. He wanted his son to grow up, to see the world and become something Jason wasn't able to do. We would still visit every weekend, at the very least, or come every day to see him again.

Jason was all grins when (y/b/n) came back to his cabin after his first day of day of daycare, his son babbling about the cool toys there and the new friends that he made. This continued to happen for every year (y/b/n) grew: kindergarten, first grade, second grade, and I knew Jason would be listening and intrigued the same way he was now, and would all the way up through his son's high school senior graduation. Jason was so proud of him, for seeing his son already get so far in life like Jason hadn't been able to. He couldn't be happier. Even though he was scared out of his mind, I talked him into attending at least one parent conference. And I'm glad I did. I've never seen Jason so ecstatic before. The teachers had only good things to say about (y/b/n).

Yes, we did tell (y/b/n) about Jason, about his backstory and his brutal, bloody legend he withheld. He was horrified at first, as any young child would be, but quickly came to understand this was still his father, and he wouldn't change. God damn, I've never seen such a strong father and son relationship until I saw these two together. My boys. I couldn't ask for any more than what I had right now. Until there was another one.

~

Jason and (y/b/n) were truly euphoric when I told them I was pregnant once again, and this time, it was a little girl. Finally, one I can relate to! (Y/h/c) hair  covered her small head, and once again, another child got to inherit Jason's bright, gorgeous blue eyes. I found it adorable how protective her brother was when she was born, and how protective he stayed through their whole lives together.

The brother and sister duo stuck together the entire way through school, and both even attended the same college. I was able to talk Jason in to going to his son and daughter's graduation ceremony, though it didn't take much to have him change his mind.

Our son and daughter both attended the same college, and became a biomedical engineer and a doctor. Jason was so proud of them. He was probably the happiest dad on the planet when the two graduated college with their official degrees. They were out in the world now, and getting to live life. Jason was so proud that they weren't stuck living how he was; he wanted no one to go through that.

I moved back in with Jason once the kids moved out, since I had been longing to since the first day I had left to help my son get out into the world. I didn't think he would ever age, though, but he grew old right alongside me. We got to age together, and that's what made me happy. We got to experience our children's wedding together, being grandparents together, and seeing those grandchildren grow up together as well. It was beautiful.

~

The day Jason died was truly heartbreaking. I never thought he would die, but I learned the hard way in the morning that he could. Jason passed peacefully and comfortably in his sleep, and I thought he was only sleeping that grey morning. My heart was broken when I could no longer hear the heart beating inside his chest, his soft lips on my cheek or forehead

The kids took it terribly hard as well. We had always stayed connected with them, even if they were far away. Always call and chat every night, joke and laugh and remember the old times. We would celebrate Christmas at our house, the grandkids always squeaking and laughing and ice fishing on the lake.

I refused to move out of that cabin, though. I had Jason buried under the weeping willow where we had our first date together we still had our names carved into the wood. I came to that grave everyday, and smiled through the tears as I would trace the messy wood carving and lay flowers on his grave.

It wasn't even a week before I passed next. The doctors had said it was the cause of an actual broken heart; the muscle strings that keep your heart in shape had snapped due to the sudden rush of endorphins from depression, and made my heart unable to pump correctly. I passed peacefully as well.

The kids knew me so well. They had me buried right next to their father, and that made me so happy. The will I gave left everything to the children, even the property. I watched along with Jason from above as his son moved in to the cabin Jason and I had lived in for so many years, grinning as his sister moved not too far away from there. We kept a watchful eye over the children as they began exploring their new home.

~

"We had a damn good life, didn't we?" I murmured to Jason quietly, resting my head against his chest. He nodded in agreement, stroking my hair softly and continuing to watch the excitement going down around our children's new homes.

And we did. We did have a damn good life. It may have had its huge, high peaks, along with its deeper-than-Hell dips, but what is a good life without those things?

And as usual, I was still his crazy girl. He was my insane guy. And we made an adorable psycho couple who had a surprisingly normal family.

That's all I could ask for in life.

My psycho and my beautiful family.

~THE END 💘💞💝

~

I do enjoyed writing this story 😊 at the end, this story has had 566 reads, 50 votes, and 13 comments. I never thought over 25 people would read this, let alone comment and vote! I can't thank you guys enough for reading.

I believe the next book will either be
• MICHAEL MYERS
•GHOSTFACE
•NORMAN BATES
Please vote which story should be next!!! I'll see you all in my next story, and I hope you all come to read it ❤
Peace,
Maxx 🖤

Crystal Lake Love: Jason Voorhees x readerOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara