Part One

The soft crashing of the ocean waves took over him, giving the dark haired brunet a sense of calm and peaceful serenity as he watched the sandy shore that cloudy afternoon, watching a young six year old dig near the water so the incoming waves would fill his sand castle moat. Pushing his hair behind his ear, Baekhyun made a silent note to visit the old barber in the village for a haircut. Looking at the watch on his wrist, he counted that they'd been there for approximately already an hour. The beach was one of their favorite places to be, especially on an afternoon where the clouds gladly decorated the sky gray, but his son had a birthday party to attend, despite the little one's soft mumbles about not wanting to attend.

Standing up from where he sat, Baekhyun wiped the sand off his shorts and shirt before cupping his mouth with both hands and hollering. "Kyungsoo! It's time to go, baby."

The distance between them wasn't enough for the child's disappointed grimace to be invisible to his father's eyes. Grinning softly, Baekhyun walked across the sandy plane to help the boy put all of his sand building tools in his little red bucket. When they finished, he touched Kyungsoo on the head, moving his hair away from his face.

"Would you like for me to take a picture of this castle?"

Kyungsoo looked down at his work, but shook his head. Baekhyun only smiled. The boy never wanted any of his sand castles photographed, but Baekhyun always would anyways. It was a parent thing.

After putting his cell phone away, old and a little bulky in the back of his pants, Baekhyun held Kyungsoo's hand and together, they walked off the beach. The bike that Baekhyun owned was faded in red paint, but very durable. His parents had given it to him when he moved back from Seoul. It was supposed to be a means of transportation for him temporarily, but he never got around to actually buying a used car, especially not with an unexpected pregnancy.

Picking up Kyungsoo by the waist, Baekhyun hoisted him on the back seat. Using one hand to hold onto the six year old, he snapped Kyungsoo's helmet on his head. Ordering the boy to keep still, Baekhyun got on the bike and went on to tell him to hold on to his waist. After kicking the bike stand back into its rest position, the brunet turned his head back and smiled.

"We're going back to the house to get you cleaned up for the party, okay?"

Kyungsoo never answered, only nodded understandingly.

He never talked much. At first, it was concerning to Baekhyun. He even had to borrow a bit of money from his parents in order to take Kyungsoo to a children's doctor in a nearby town so she could evaluate him. It turned out that the boy was fine. Just uninterested in talking very much. It was unusual for a child, but it didn't mean there was anything medically wrong.

Nodding, Baekhyun focused on the surrounding. After making sure there were no cars from behind, he began pedaling them home on the edge of the cracked and faded road by the shores of sea.

-

-

Kyungsoo was unexpected, but he was probably the best thing ever given to the twenty-five year old. Smiling as he dried the boy's hair, Baekhyun hummed gentle songs, bobbing his head from side to side while his son watched him with blank eyes. Despite the differences in their personality, Baekhyun found that they were a perfect little family.

The greatest thing about Kyungsoo was that though his personality didn't resemble Baekhyun's, it never resembled his actual father's either. Pursing his lips, the brunet gave the quiet boy a thumbs up before getting up from the floor.

"Alright, little sir. Go get your naked butt dressed. I put your outfit in your bed for you."

As Kyungsoo padded out of the bathroom and headed to his own room, Baekhyun turned in the opposite direction, sliding the door to his room. It was small, significantly smaller than the little six year old's. But there was a reason why Baekhyun gracefully gave his son the bigger room and that was because he was a growing kid. He'd need a big space to do all his homework amongst other things teens do. Him, on the other hand, it was a simple life. Wake up, cook, drop Kyungsoo off to school, go to work, pick Kyungsoo up from his parents' home (since the little one had to walk there until Baekhyun's job at the local market ended), cook dinner, put his son to sleep, shower, sleep, and repeat for the next day. He didn't even have a bed. There wasn't any room for one so he had to settle on a futon, which wasn't as terrible as people often made it out to be.