Homecoming

He always thought about what life would be like to share Kyungsoo's time and childhood with Chanyeol, but the reality of it made him utterly and completely upset. It was selfishness and his need to constantly protect Kyungsoo from the pain that surrounded Chanyeol's life that always kept him on his edge, but at the same time, Chanyeol was right. He deserved the chance and Baekhyun had to learn to let go, even for a short while...

They hadn't discussed the terms of the shared custody yet, but Baekhyun didn't want to think about it just then. He was hoping for the most amicable agreement, because if it wasn't, then they'd have to get multiple people involved, including Kyungsoo. Aside from the fact that Baekhyun wanted to keep the six-year old away from the ugliness that could possibly arise, he also knew that Chanyeol had the money and the backing to successfully get his way if he wanted; however, he was certain that his ex would never let it get to that point.

Pulling an old backpack from the back of his closet, Baekhyun began packing for the two-day trip up to the farm. He had already prepared Kyungsoo's belongings and has given it to his parents, and the boy already knew to walk with Sehun after school for the next two days until they reached their grandparents' homes. Usually, he didn't worry much about Kyungsoo, but with Chanyeol around, he was a little more stressed than in the years past.

It was slightly raining when Baekhyun opened the front door to check the weather. He had heard raindrops through his window, but wasn't sure what the exact conditions were. It wasn't entirely terrible, but he made sure Kyungsoo was prepared when he turned around and entered his son's room where the little one was sitting on the edge of his bed, pulling on socks over his feet.

"It's raining today, but only a little bit. You'll have to wear your raincoat today," the brunet said as he walked to the closet. "Make sure you wear your boots, too. I already packed your shoes and slippers in the bag I'm going to give grandma when the rain stops later today and tomorrow."

"Okay."

Baekhyun grabbed the rain coat from its hanger. When he looked back, he saw Kyungsoo waiting patiently for him. "I'll be back Thursday night. Grandma said she'll make you your favorite meals while you're with her." As he put the coat on him, Baekhyun met his eyes, giving him a smile. "And I forgot to tell you, but Chanyeol's going to walk you to grandma's house after school today before we get on the bus."

Kyungsoo lit up. "Really?"

Nodding, Baekhyun showed him a bill for ten thousand won. "He might take you to Uncle Yixing's store, so if you want to buy anything, just let Chanyeol know and give him this. He'll give it to Uncle Yixing, okay?"

In class, they hadn't learned about money yet, so Kyungsoo didn't fully understand what he could and couldn't buy with the bill, but he nodded anyways and put the money in the front pocket of his raincoat before snapping the button and closed the opening. "Dad?"

"Hm?"

"Why is Mr. Park walking me?"

As he zipped up the front of the jacket, Baekhyun shrugged. "He told me that he had so much fun with you the other day," he said, noticing the small smile forming on the latter's face. "He also has something important he wants to tell you."

"About what?" Kyungsoo asked, the look on his face full of curiosity.

"I... don't want to ruin the surprise for you," Baekhyun answered. Then he laughed when Kyungsoo's expression changed by the slightest. "We'll talk about it some more when we both get back on Thursday.."

The six-year old heaved a sigh.

Raising a brow, Baekhyun cocked his head. "What is it?"

"Nothing."