Ships

Baekhyun sat by the front door of the Park's living room with anxiety and nerves that he couldn't suppress despite the countless times he tried by pacing back and forth in the room. Yoora had left to get Sehun and Chanyeol's mother and father were upstairs, preparing the older man's belongings for the trip, leaving the brunet alone in the silence downstairs. By the time his ears picked up on the sound of the door knob turning, Baekhyun was already an emotional wreck, but he did his best to hide it the moment Chanyeol walked in with Kyungsoo in tow.

Noticing how the latter was at a loss for words, Chanyeol smiled and decided to break the silence himself. "So... I think it's safe to say that it went well. Right, Soo?"

Nodding, Kyungsoo smiled. He hesitantly let go of Chanyeol's hand and ran over to Baekhyun, washing away the last of the brunet's worries that afternoon the moment they reunited for a hug. Then, before Baekhyun could ask, the details of the six year old's time together with his father flowed out of him. "We had ice cream and he said I could call him dad now."

Raising a brow, Baekhyun cocked his head at the boy. "Did he?"

"Dad said I can live in Seoul with him."

"Oh." For a split second, Baekhyun's heart dropped, and it was obvious enough to make Kyungsoo soften his face, almost realizing what he had implicated.

"But...dad also said that you--"

"I think," Chanyeol said, interrupting him as he came up from behind and put a hand on his son's head, "that it might be better if I talk to him about that in private."

"Okay." Pursing his lips, Kyungsoo turned his eyes back to Baekhyun. "Are you leaving now?"

"We're leaving in about an hour, but I packed some snacks for you in the kitchen," Baekhyun said as he began to unbutton Kyungsoo's wet raincoat. "I've already set up your futon in the other room and put away your clothes in the closet for the next few days."

Kyungsoo nodded again, shrugging off the jacket. "Will you be back soon?"

"It'll only be a couple of days like last time."

"Can we do stuff?"

"Um... We'll see." Glancing up at Chanyeol, Baekhyun met his eyes and saw the way the latter was smirking as he put the umbrella in his hand away. Shaking his head, the brunet turned his attention to Kyungsoo's boots. "Mr. Park and I will talk about it and make plans."

"You should call dad by his name now," Kyungsoo said, lifting up a leg as Baekhyun pulled on his footwear.

"Oh, I should?"

"Yes..."

"I agree with Kyungsoo's point," Chanyeol teased, adding to the boy's cause. "Besides, I don't mind you calling me by my first name in front of him. I think it'll help make things more casual."

Once he finished taking off his son's rain gear, Baekhyun got up and sighed, raising a brow at his ex. "One day and you're already starting to influence him."

Shrugging, Chanyeol softly chuckled. "It's in his genes."

Baekhyun rolled his eyes as he gently used an arm to move Chanyeol aside in order to reach the hangers near the door where he promptly hung the yellow raincoat. "I'll think about it," he said, playing along despite knowing that he'd most likely begin to feel comfortable speaking to him more informally even with Kyungsoo present. "Anyways, I'm glad that things went okay and that both of you seem happier."

Reaching out, Chanyeol touched Baekhyun by his waist, surprising him. "What about you?"

His first instinct was to respond openly, but after reminding himself that Kyungsoo was watching the both of them with wide and anxious eyes, Baekhyun decided that there were things better left unsaid and saved for a later time. "I'm happy, too," he finally said, offering a smile to reassure both of them that he felt the same way. "Now, can you be a helpful daddy and take Kyungsoo in the dining area for his snack?"