Changing Tides

a/n: here i am 10 years later *disappears for another 3 months* (PS: Sorry for typos~~ Merry Christmas) 

I also made a Ko-Fi account ;u; as you all know, whenever I disappear on hiatus, it's because of school and I spend like $50/week on coffee so if anyone want to donate for that fund, this is my ko-fi links :'S ( LINK IS IN THE COMMENTS <3). Thanks a bunch, boobs! 

--------

Chanyeol was surprised by how much he enjoyed being with Kyungsoo. Even holding his small hand to make sure the little one didn't stray too far from him on their way back to the village made the man feel protective, but at the same time, it all felt natural. Kids were never an option for him—or at least, he thought. He hated to admit that he might've been wrong in thinking they were all annoying, bratty and loud, but he pushed those thoughts aside the second Kyungsoo tugged on his hand, grabbing his attention.

"What is it?"

"Can you play music?"

Raising a brow at the boy's interest in his work, Chanyeol smiled. "I can. I can play the guitar and the piano. Want me to teach you?"

"Dad listens to you," Kyungsoo said, ignoring the latter's question, but Chanyeol was used to it already. He was well-aware that if something was on Kyungsoo's mind, his ears would tune out everything else and his mouth would say the words. "Not every morning, but... a lot."

If Baekhyun could only hear his son confessing his habits, Chanyeol was sure that he'd be red from embarrassment. He decided to keep the detail in mind, hoping to bring it up later to get that exact reaction. "Your dad always had good taste in men."

"What does that mean?"

"Sorry. I meant music."

"Oh..." Kyungsoo bit his lower lip. "Well... You're good at music."

"That's nice of you to say," Chanyeol said. Then he decided to try something. "What does your dad think of my music?"

Kyungsoo glanced up at him, frowning. "Why?"

Chanyeol shrugged. "Just curious."

"He thinks you're good," the six-year old said, looking forward, "but..."

"But...?"

"He says you're better with music."

"Than what?" Chanyeol asked. Maybe it was wrong to ask things about Baekhyun through Kyungsoo, but he already knew that the brunet had too much pride to admit some things.

"Your radio."

"He thinks I'm better off singing than being a radio host?" Chanyeol was a bit offended considering how he actually thought he was a pretty decent radio dj, however, he also should've been flattered at the fact that Baekhyun thought he was better off composing and performing his own music again. When Kyungsoo didn't answer him, he sighed. "Tell your dad if it makes him feel any better at all, I might be going back to music."

"Okay." After that single word, Kyungsoo went silent before tugging on Chanyeol's hand again. "I'm tired..."

It wasn't until then that Chanyeol realized how much they had been walking the entire day, aside from the fact that they spent a good hour and a half near the tidal pools. Stopping, he looked down at Kyungsoo and tried to decide on what to do and what the boy was comfortable with. "Want me to carry you?"

Without a second thought, Kyungsoo nodded, letting go of Chanyeol's hand and opening his arms, waiting to be hoisted up. Kneeling down, Chanyeol took the boy in his arms, holding him against his chest. In turn, Kyungsoo made himself comfortable by holding on to Chanyeol's neck and resting his head on his shoulder.