Shores

It was never in his plans to find himself approaching Chanyeol after work, especially when he looked so unpresentable in his mind, but then again, it was never in anyone's plan for him to have Kyungsoo, who was the reason for seeking out the giant for a favor. Baekhyun almost hated how he smelled like the ocean and the subtle hints that reminded him of the market place, but it was only applicable in that moment. He didn't understand the nervousness that came with being in front of Chanyeol's presence again. Those feelings were so juvenile and childish that he wanted to rid himself of them so badly, and yet... he couldn't.

His fist was curled just inches away from the Park's door, but every time he told himself he'd knock, Baekhyun couldn't do it. Pulling away a few times, he took a breather and hung his head in an effort to recollect his courage and pride. Then, once again, he tried to knock, but stopped just before making contact with the door.

Cursing at himself, Baekhyun backed away from the door, running his hand through his hair in frustration. Maybe he should bother Chanyeol some other time when he felt like he was actually presentable. Making the decision to try again later that week, the brunet turned on his heel and began walking away only to be stopped a few feet short of the gate by someone calling his name. WIthout having to wonder who, Baekhyun sucked in a breath of air before forcing a smile on his face as he turned to face the giant standing underneath the door arch.

"Hey," he said, initially trying to sound as casual as he could before realizing he was only making things sound more forced. Clearing his throat, he slowly approached Chanyeol, though he made sure to keep his distance. "Um..."

Raising a brow, Chanyeol waited for the brunet to finish knowing full well that Baekhyun was struggling to even speak. But, to him, it was a bit entertaining watching the man fumble and hoping that he'd say something to alleviate the awkwardness.

Realizing that he wasn't going to have any help from his ex and that Chanyeol was essentially forcing him to get straight to the point as to why he was there in the first place, Baekhyun sighed in front of him, making it clear that he wasn't going to play the silent game. "Are you free tomorrow?"

It was a stupid question to ask. Chanyeol was on vacation in a small town that had nothing to offer for entertainment (except nature), so of course, the man had nothing to do tomorrow. Baekhyun immediately felt himself turn a shade of red darker and looked away, hoping that Chanyeol would answer soon.

Luckily for him, he did.

"I am. Why?"

Baekhyun's chest heaved before he answered. "Would you mind... spending some time with Kyungsoo?"

The request caught Chanyeol off guard as he uncrossed his arms and looked at flustered male with curious eyes. "I don't mind, but..." He paused. "Is there a reason why you're asking me to spend time with him? Don't get me wrong, Baek, but I really wasn't expecting you to ask me this."

"It's just that Kyungsoo found out you were a celebrity, and he... Well, it's not every day that someone famous comes to this part of the country, you know?" He spoke a little too fast, but Baekhyun couldn't help it. Maybe it was the nerves or the anxiety, but it was a good and valid excuse to give--at least for him, it was.

"Oh..."

Baekhyun blinked. Did he hear a hint of disappointment in Chanyeol's voice or was he imagining nonsense? Shaking the feeling off, he stuffed his hands into the front pockets of his jeans and pursed his lips.

"Yeah, so since he won't have class tomorrow, maybe I can bring him over around noon and pick him up later in the evening. I have work, but I'll make time before going back."