Chapter Nine

The music thumped through me as I swayed my hips in time to the beat. I had only been to the clubs in London a few times. I figured I had to start somewhere. Father had agreed that I didn't need Antony to protect me whenever I was with my brothers so I had left him at the house.

'Here's your boring drink,' Leo shouted as he handed me a bottle of water.

'You know I don't like alcohol,' I replied, punching him on the arm when he stuck out his tongue.

Cancer was on the dance floor. She grinded against a stranger. His hands were all over her and I wondered how she could stand it.

'I got Cancer another wine,' Leo shouted in my ear.

I jumped back as the over loud sound hit a nerve. Cancer was drunk. That was why she let men touch her. She had guzzled at least four glasses of wine. Aries joined us. He had a grin on his face and lipstick on his mouth. He laughed as I shook my head at him.

'You pulled already, mate?' Leo pointed to his own lips.

Misinterpreting him, Aries leant in and pretended to give him a kiss. Laughter escaped me as Leo shoved Aries away, causing him to bump into a short girl. Aries apologised as he looked down at her. She melted under his gaze. Reaching up, she wiped the lipstick away from his mouth and pulled his head down for a kiss.

'How does he do it?'

I couldn't answer Leo. I really didn't know. Leo had his fair share of women so I didn't know what he was worried about. He was antsy and I suddenly realised why. He tapped his foot on the floor and looked around.

'Leo...go dance!'

He glanced at me and then back to the dance floor. He was so lovely. He didn't want to leave me on my own but his dancing shoes called him. He was useless at dancing but he loved to get lost in it.

'Go on! Scorpio will be back in a minute,' I called.

He nodded once and plunged into the crowd. The air around me was too hot. I turned to go to the bathroom. As I pushed through the heaving bodies someone bumped into me and I tumbled to the floor.

'I'm so sorry,' a voice shouted as arms reached around me and hoisted me up.

I came face to face with a pair of green eyes. His hair was dark and styled into a French crop. He wore a suit, which was odd.

'I've come straight from work,' he shouted, obviously noting the way I looked at his clothes.

His gaze travelled down me. I glanced down at my long bare legs. The dress I wore was Cancer's. She was shorter than me so the dress looked elegant on her. On me, it looked short. Very short. The black lace over the top half of the dress had made me feel bare at first, but the longer I wore it, the more comfortable I felt. Until now.

'Nice dress,' he said, grinning at me.

My heart triple jumped and I gripped my water bottle.

'Do you want to dance?'

We were idle in the middle of the dance floor. Others dancers were gyrating to a sexy song I didn't recognise. I rarely listened to the radio, or kept up with the trends. I loved to dance but didn't usually have the confidence to let loose.

'Yes!' I shouted.

He took my hand and tugged me deeper into the throng of people. He started to sway his body. I was surprised that he could dance well. He grabbed my hips as I moved them. I couldn't help but let the music overtake my muscles. He pulled me against him, putting a thigh between my legs as our hips moved in rhythm together. My eyes closed briefly at the heady contact between us.