Chapter Twenty One

'How does this sound? Trapped heart of sorrow beats, with tenderness and misery streaks...'

'I love it.'

Leo grinned and it felt like the sun shone on my face. Antony squeezed my hand as I looked at him. The words resonated with us more than Leo knew. I was amazed at the lyrics that came from my brother. He was upbeat and serious but his songs spoke of a deeper nature than no one ever saw.

'Who do you think will find their soulmate next?' I asked when Leo sat back and tucked his notepad away.

'Aries of course,' Scorpio said. His words were mumbled as he chewed on a chocolate bar. A peanut flew out of his mouth and landed on the floor. 'Sorry,' he muttered.

The train sped through stations on the way back to Surrey. My gaze caught on the green scenery as it whizzed past. I raised my eyebrows when Scorpio shoved the rest of the bar into his mouth. 'Why do you think it is Aries?'

He shrugged as he swallowed. 'Because he's already met his.'

Leo nodded his agreement. Why hadn't I known about this?

'He has no idea, though.' Scorpio clicked open a can of fizzy drink and downed it.

'How can he not know?' Antony said.

It had only been a few hours since he had admitted that he was my soulmate but I didn't say anything.

'Did you know when you met Pisces?' Scorpio raised his eyebrows.

Antony looked away from him. 'Deep down somewhere I did but I fought against it,' he said, stroking my palm with his thumb.

The train slowed. 'Our stop,' I called. The others followed as we alighted from the train.

'What do you think Aries is doing then?'

Scorpio fell into step beside us as we commandeered a taxi and asked the driver to take us to Father's house.

'Yeah, Aries is probably fighting it, too,' Antony said as we shared a secret smile. 'I hope Derek is okay. I still can't get hold of him.'

A shiver ran over my body and the others saw it.

'That means something's not right,' Scorpio said.

Leo nodded. 'Yeah. Pisces has this freaky intuition she never listens to. In fact, if I want to know something, I should start to ask Pisces and see how her body reacts.'

'I don't know if I like the sound of that,' Antony mumbled.

I laughed at them as the taxi pulled into the street. The driver stopped and let us out before we got to the house. My skin started to tingle as my stomach knotted. Derek and Bev were in danger, I simply knew it.

'We need to be careful,' I whispered to the others.

'Why are we whispering?' Leo ducked down to my height.

I pushed him as Antony put an arm around me. 'You're really shaking, baby, what's wrong?'

My whole body heated at the endearment and I smiled up at him. He had never called me a pet name before. The blast of warmth echoed through my muscles, relaxing them.

'So cute...' Leo sang.

Scorpio rolled his eyes and turned away from us. 'Come on, we've got to get on with it.'

Antony tried Derek's phone one last time but there was still no reply. There was no answer from the home phone either.

'Do we sneak in? Or shall we pretend that we have no idea that something's wrong?' I asked.