Chapter Ten

'Why didn't you ring us?' Aries growled.

I faced the mob in our living room with Antony by my side. I had told him about the previous evening as soon as we woke up. He hadn't said a word but listened intently. As a woman, that meant more to me than anything.

'I was freezing to death. It wasn't like you were bothered when you left me behind!' I shouted as Aries went into the kitchen. It was his coping technique. If he didn't walk away, he was going to blow. It was obvious from the way his back muscles were completely straight under his tight T-shirt.

'We thought you'd jumped into the river,' Scorpio said, watching the way Antony stuck close to me. When we had turned up on the doorstep, Leo had denied him access. I argued that Antony was the one who'd actually saved my life, and if they didn't let him in, I was never coming back.

'I did jump in the river but only after I was confronted by the man who's trying to stop us.'

The sofa caught me as I sat suddenly. Antony looked at me before taking a step back. He realised that I needed some space. Cancer on the other hand, didn't care.

'Who was it? What did he say?' she said, almost sitting on my lap as she grabbed my hand.

'Aries you need to hear this,' Leo called before I could answer.

The others were on stools, cushions and sofas. They all stared at me, waiting for me to tell them what had happened. When Antony had first seen everyone, he had stumbled over his words. We were quite a collection of diverse individuals.

Aries came back into the room and leant against the doorframe, his bulging arms folded across his chest. He had a scowl on his face but it wasn't directed at me.

'This grey eyed man followed me and said he's going to stop us from uniting with our twin flames. He says that if we're successful with our mission, we'll bring more love to the planet and he isn't prepared for that to happen.'

I tried to disconnect Cancer's hand from mine but she gripped tight. Her intimacy was foreign to me. When she wouldn't let go, I just let her hold on. It seemed to comfort her in some way, which made me feel better.

'Any idea who he was?' Leo asked.

My head shook, giving them my answer. I had never seen him before...although...

'I recognised him but not from this lifetime. Father said that the Dysfunctionals were originally made up of darker souls that keep coming back. They claim they need to keep things balanced by eradicating true love until it's extinct.'

Antony shifted on his feet. He was nervous around my brothers and sisters. I glanced up to see him looking at the women. There were six of us and each one was attractive in their own way. I ducked my head when his gaze landed on me. I wondered what he saw and who he thought was the most attractive. Cancer had noticed me staring and now smiled up at my bodyguard.

'I knew our enemy would be back.' Aries pushed away from the doorframe and strode into the room. 'Thank you for helping our sister.' When Aries offered his hand, Antony nodded once and shook it. The tension broke when Aries released him.

'What are you going to do?' Cancer asked.

I sneaked a peak at Antony to see if he was watching her but his gaze was on me. My cheeks flamed as I looked away.

'Now that Pisces has found her flame, we need to be extra vigilant. Will you consider coming back here?' Aries turned to look at me directly.

'Are you talking about the man from last night? I'm sure he wasn't my true flame, although...'