00:04| c a p t i t u l o t r e s

U N E D I T E D
c h a p t e r  t h r e e -

   I was sneaking clandestine glances at him, hoping I'd know what he'd be thinking. But unfortunately, he was quiet and scanning the racks with his vibrant eyes. He was emotionless, empty, stone cold.

I frowned.

   "I can't believe I'm stuck with you on a Friday evening, searching for undergarments," I grumbled. I sighed in hesitation and began banging my fist on the variations of bras.

   "Don't act like you don't want to," he rasped, a lopsided grin spreading on his handsome features.

   My stomach tightened. I coughed in distress trying to relive the odd moment we had on our shoulders.

    "What do you want to wear? Be honest. It's just me," he said furrowing his bold eyebrows. "It's same old Adam, don't be shy."

   I shuddered. That was the thing. It was Adam helping me pick out outfits.

   I gave him a timid smile and shrugged. The shop was more crowded than yesterday. And this was not in my plans today.

    I honestly disliked the way my mother wanted me to dress. I was wearing a maroon skirt slightly over the knee, knee socks, a button up shirt and a blazer.

   I fumbled with the hem of my skirt. Huffing, I rummage through the racks clustered with flamboyant variations.

"I-" i got cut off almost pulling out a distinctive type of bra that was plain black. It got vigorously ripped out of my grasp. Adam examined it and gave me an eye roll. My stomach dropped.

"What's wrong with it?" I hissed.

"It's boring," he sighed, tossing the bra over his shoulder.

    "Well why don't you pick something for me?" I barked aggressively. My checks heated up in madness. My hands tightened into fists by my side and my teeth gritted.

    Adam's eyes held confusion and melancholy. He was amused by my sudden outburst. I was outraged! Of course I was mad. I didn't want to buy my personal items with a few suggestions of the guy I was madly in love with!

   Maddie, breath.

  I spiked in a shaky inhale. "I'm sorry. I hate the mall." I exclaimed. "Can you just get whatever? I'll wait outside." I said handing him the debit card.

   "Madeline," he croaked in a raspy voice. I froze and glanced up at him shyly. His tender, blue eyes bore into my own with a glimpse of affection and intimacy. I gulped.

   "Yeah I'll be outside," I quickened, trying to avoid the way he had stared at me moments ago.

     Taking my first step towards the exit of the store was a failure. Adam gripped my wrist and hauled me towards him.

    I gasped as our bodies almost collided. "Madeline, Madeline," he said, his breath hitching. My face flushed. His fingers made sparks ignite and run up my spine. He was a universe filled with undiscovered enigmas, and an outburst of radiating rays of light.