00.10 | c a p i t u l o n u e v e

- U N E D I T E D -

- c h a p t e r n i n e -

    I wasn't expecting Adam to actually take me to get ice cream. He didn't even like ice cream enough to drive thirty minutes to get it like he had tonight. But I loved ice cream. I'd go to the ends of the earth for a mouthful of it.

   I licked my strawberry ice cream covered lips and moaned. The way the creaminess coated my tongue was delightful.

    Adam chuckled, his eyes studying me intently. I gulped down a spoonful of the ice cream and gave him a sheepish smile.

  "Why are you looking at me like that?" I ask focusing on his features. His sapphire eyes softened.

"Can't I look at you like this?"

My nose scrunched. "You're looking at me with a weird face," I say propping another spoonful of icy goodness into my mouth.

He licked his dry lips, his eyes locked on the creamy goodness in my hands.

"You can have some if you want." I slightly place the bowl in front of him. His eyes growing somewhat unsteady as he stared at me. What was wrong now? Did he not like strawberry ice cream?

He could of gotten ice cream. Heck what was the point of driving thirty minutes to not even get ice cream for himself? This man always left me dazed and confused.

My eyes wandered around the small ice cream parlor. The empty chairs and bright pink open sign were distracting enough for me to drift off into my thoughts. My chaotic thoughts. I didn't want to think about papa I didn't want to think about anything but the bowl of ice cream sitting in front of me.

   Suddenly a warm touch brought me back into reality. Adam swiftly cupped my cheek leaving me speechless and in utter shock. His glossy eyes bore into my dull ones. His gaze intensifying, melting my insides and made my toes scrunch.

His eyes flickered down to my lips and his thumb carefully wiped the cream from my mouth. A smug smirk tugged at the corners of his lips as he brought up the thumb that had wiped away the ice cream to his mouth. Without avoiding my gaze he licked his thumb. My jaw dropped.

My heart began to race, I didn't know what this feeling I had swarming in my stomach was. My legs wobbled feeling what was in between my legs clench. I gasped and covered my face with my shaky hands hopping he wouldn't see my flustered face.

    He chuckled loudly his laugh echoing around the empty parlor. His voice was so intoxicating and beautiful. It made me feel uneasy but calm at the same time.

     I peaked at him in between of one of my fingers. He had mischief look dancing on his face making me swarm in my seat.

   His fingers softly pulled my hands from my face. My face instantly heating up even more.

   "Maddie," he whispered leaning in and letting his minty breath fan onto my earlobe. My body shook.

  I closed my eyes shut and spiked in a breath. My body was all over the place. Not only did my heart want him but my body wanted to be his to keep. I wanted to feel his hands all over. I wanted his fingers to roam and trace every inch of my body.

"Yes?" I gulped feeling his soft touch on my chin. He slowly tilted my head up but I maintained my eyes shut not letting a ray of light seep in.

     "You can open your eyes, you know," he said. His voice was filled with amusement and awe.

  I carefully opened my eyes his face coming into view. He smiled softly. The dimple on his left cheek deepened more than ever.

    What was that? What had just happened? Was he teasing me? Or was I paranoid and in denial?