00.11 |c a p i t u l o d i e z

- U N E D I T E D -

- c h a p t e r  t e n -

    The humid air that rushed past my body had me very angst. I still felt Adams eyes raking down my body. Squeezing my legs together I bring up my gaze and meet his. His eyes flicker from my body to my frantic face.

"Adam!" I yell, startling him. He cover his eyes and starts to shake his head.

"I'm not looking," He unsteadily muttered. His breath was pretty shaky making me feel unstable. I tried to cover my body with my small hands but it was useless.

While I was trying to process everything that had just happened I heard a loud clash of thunder in the vapid distance startling me and making me jump. Shortly after the thunder, rain followed and began to drench my hair and body. I screamed feeling my body grow cold.

Adam grabbed my wrist, staring at me intensely, the rain dribbling down his olive skin. I felt my heart skip a beat. I didn't mind standing in the pouring rain. As long as I was with him I was okay.

"Get in the truck," he shouted over the inundate amount of rain coming down on us.

We ran rapidly towards the truck which had traveled downhill and unfortunately hit a tree. I bolted inside the vehicle and let out an aggravated groan. I ran my fingers through my drenched hair and sighed.

Adam's panting was loud enough to catch my attention. His fingers gripped the steering wheel so hard that his knuckles were porcelain white. He was staring at the wheel. His breaths were heavy and ragged.

How did we end up here?

I hugged my exposed body, hoping to feel warmth again.

"Here," he said reaching for something in the back seat. He held out a black t shirt for me. I didn't hesitate and took it out of his grasp scarcely pulling it over my head and arms. The combination of my wet skin and cold AC blasting had my teeth chattering.

"Thanks." I murmur.

A moment of silence followed and I felt like a mini eternity had occurred. Moments with him were like that mini eternity. It felt like forever but it was unfortunately going to end in a matter of seconds.

My mind was so loud that it was unsettling. The rain clashing down on the windshield wasn't therapeutic enough to make me snap out of it. I hadn't noticed my fingernails digging into my palms till Adam spoke.

"Maddie you're hurting yourself." His voice was full of concern. I looked down at my damaged hand and winched.

He carefully took my hand into his and studied the small wounds carefully. A small frown formed on his face. His dark eyelashes were matted from the rain. I took into consideration his gorgeous features. My heart was beating so fast I was scared he'd hear it. He was undoubtedly gorgeous.

My stomach clenched. I wanted him in any way possible. My heart wanted him to be mine but that wasn't possible. We were never going to happen, he didn't like me the same way I liked him, he probably sees me like a little sister. Even if he did like me somehow (which he most likely didn't) it was far from possible to be with him.

He glanced up at me and caught me staring. My eyes widened slightly and I looked away frantically, my cheeks growing hot. Embarrassment filled me quickly. What was I thinking? How in-discreet could I have been! How stupid could I be for him to catch me gawking at him?

He brought my hand to his lips and observed me cautiously. His eyes daring and deep as ever.
Pressing his mouth to the back of my damaged hands he made electric bolts to scatter up my body.