00:06 | c a p i t u l o c i n c o

- W A R N I N G -
- U N E D I T E D -

c h a p t e r  f i v e

      We were surrounded by an irritable silence, an unsettling one. One that had the absence of sound screeching into the void. I cringed at the lack of exchanged conversations.

      My idiotic stealthy lips had kissed Adam! This was an embarrassing moment I would never get past. His unmistakable expression. His curved lip, twitching in confusion. His furrowed eyebrows and his smoldering eyes. Oh baby Jesus! How nonsensical had I been? I could literally slap myself right now but that would be another embarrassing act of the day.

     Since the unfortunate mishap of me smacking my lips onto Adams beauteous ones, we hadn't shared a word or thought to each other. I was hanging from a thin, insignificant thread.

We were in his old truck, the sound of the rumbling engine filling the silence with an ominous feeling. I flinched. He stopped the truck abruptly when we reached the red light. And another sigh escaped my lips.

       I took a surreptitious yet harmless glimpse of him. His jaw was clenched and his stare was stone cold. I gulped down the knot in my throat. He hadn't said anything. Why hadn't he? Was it because I was a bad kisser? Well he was my first kiss so I couldn't blame him. Or was it not expected? Did it disgust him? Was I a terrible person?

     "Idiot!" I whisper yelled, running a hand through my knotted hair.

  "Me? An idiot? Really?" He mused in amusement. I blinked recognizing that I had called myself an idiot and not him. My stomach clenched.

"No I meant I was," I mumbled, nervously nibbling on my bottom lip. He chuckled deeply, it melting my insides instantly.

          "I," we both said in unison. My face heated up, I was sure it was crimson red by now.

      "Adam- I'm - I'm sorry," I croaked. "I didn't know what I was thinking." He cleared his throat, rubbing his face in agitation.

"Madeline," he whispered. My stomach tightened. Oh no all he said was my name. I was in deep bat sh*t wasn't I.

   "Yes?" I murmured gripping the handle of the door just in case if I happened to say something embarrassing I'd just jump out.

      "Madeline, it's alright," he said as he parked his truck in a halt right infront of the house. His eyes studied me cautiously, deep pools of blue and grey morphing together creating a beauteous and unimaginable, majestic sight. I blinked trying to regain hold of everything occurring at this moment.

    I took off my seat belt ready to hop out of the truck. My cheeks warm from my fatigue. Without any warning his  fingers suddenly brushed the tips of my own, he sent shrills racing down my spine and up my chest. I shuddered at his tender touch.

    Our gazes met the tension of this moment was so thick that it couldn't be cut with a knife.

"I have to tell you something," he mumbled, studying my face cautiously. I gulped. Well wasn't that out of the blue?

   "Yes?" I whispered, hoping he'd just say the truth, that I was a terrible teenage girl with a nasty fetish.

     "Don't forget your bag," he said placing it on my lap. My lips turned into a frown but I managed to give him some sort of lopsided smile. How anticlimactic. I inwardly groaned.