26

I survived, nearly got hit by a few spells but I managed to live and get through the battlefield. Lavender Brown has been killed though, as much as I hated her I didn't want her to die tonight. I hold Ron's hand as we quickly make our way down all the steps towards the boathouse once we reach the destination we crouch down behind a boat outside where we hear Snape and Tom the other side talking.

So he's returned then after his duel with McGonagall, I still want to know why he did what he did in that duel.

"You killed Dumbledore Severus. While you live the elder wand cannot be truly mine. You've been a good and faithful servant Severus but only I can live forever"

Harry said Draco disarmed Dumbledore...Surely this is known to Tom. Why isn't Severus telling him this?

"My Lord-"

Too late, I lean my head into Ron's chest as I get tears. I didn't like Snape but he helped us a lot in a way. Me and Hermione was brilliant at Potions until Slughorn arrived and why was that? He wrote the instructions on the board never got us to use the books, the books was wrong, well harder. Snape was giving us the easier instructions, he saved Harry in his quidditch match during 1st year. He stopped Pansy Parkinson from hexing me into another planet during 3rd year. He didn't want to duel McGongall and I still don't know why and never will know.

I bury my head more blocking out the sound of that awful thing he calls a pet, see being a teachers pet doesn't always end well especially if the teacher is a very evil person.

We go inside where Harry goes to Snape holding his neck. I go the other side of him

"Take them" Snape speaks

Harry gets a small vial from Hermione catching some of his tears

"Take them to the pensive"

"Sir there's bound to be a potion we can make to help you" I speak up

"There isn't"

"But you're the half blood prince, you must know a spell then, anything"

"I don't and even if I did then it won't be done in time"

"But you don't deserve this" I frown causing him to turn and face me "Yes you have been somewhat horrible and on the bad side but you still don't deserve to die"

"It's my time, I have to go. I'm sorry Paisley about the carrows hurting you, I really am"

I feel my own tears falling even more and I take his hand into mine as he looks at Harry again

"You have your mother's eyes" and with that he closes his eyes and his heart comes to a stop

I kiss his cheek and get up walking to Ron who wraps his arms around me "What on earth was that all about?"

"I'll explain later"

Everything goes silent and that's when it starts again, him talking in all of our heads. I close my eyes managing to block him out.

"Explain now" Ron demands as we walk back towards the castle

"When the carrows...when they.... you know"

"I know what you're trying to say, go on"

"Well whilst they was doing that Snape appeared surprisingly he told them to stop but they didn't. He actually pushed them away from me so they'd stop. I thought he was going to either join in, watch or just walk on by like it wasn't happening but he didn't. He stopped them"

"But he was still a horrible man"

"He didn't deserve to die Ron. No one deserves to die tonight. In a way Snape was there for me in my darkest hour when you wasn't"

"Sorry"

I remain quiet as we make our way inside the castle to I'm assuming the great hall.