29

"I want to be alone for a little bit" Ron speaks as he lets go of my hand

I nod ok and watch him walk upstairs, Fred just got buried and it truly was a beautiful funeral. George's speech had me both laughing and in tears, I hope he will be ok. Ron is going to help him run the shop instead of returning to Hogwarts when it's reopened to complete his 7th year, I'm going back though as I want to finish my studies. 

Hermione appears in front of me and drags me back outside away from where everyone is. "I know today is not the day but I really need to tell someone and you're the only one I can tell on this day"

"What is it?"

"I've found my parents"

"That's amazing. Where are they?" I smile

"Australia"

"When will you be going?"

"Once I've completed school"

"Why so long?"

"I need to give it time to let everything settle down, I can't tell them I nearly died at school then finish it with oh yeah I'm going back there so I'll see you at Christmas"

"You're right, that won't go down too well"

"I know I'm not going to see them yet but I'm nervous"

"Don't be nervous, it will all be ok I promise"

"Thank you"

"I'm going to go and check on Ron"

Hermione nods ok and I go back inside heading upstairs. Ron is curled up on his bed crying which breaks my heart. I walk over and kneel down as I gently take his hand into mine causing him to look at me.

"I know it hurts, I miss him too. But I promise you he's going to be ok and you will be too"

"It hurts so bad"

"I know it does" 

"How can I work in the shop? He won't be there"

"You can't back out now. George needs you"

"I know but I can't be strong for him. I don't even know how to run a shop"

"You can learn, George teaching you will keep you both distracted. If you like I can help for a week or two to help you both start it off"

"You'd do that?"

"Of course I would"

"Thank you"

"You're welcome. Now come on food will probably be ready any minute now"

He nods ok and sits up. He hugs me for a few seconds then we make our way downstairs. 

One week later

"Well I think it's going great" I smile to Harry as we watch George and Ron doing some demonstrations of the products with the customers 

"Yeah, they're going to be just fine"

"And what about you? Where are you going to live?"

"Grimmauld Place"

"I thought you didn't like that place?"

"I'll add some colour, brighten up the place and it will be fine"

"If you say so"

"I know so"

"Alright smartass" I smirk "You can host Christmas then seeing as you're not returning to Hogwarts"

"That's fine with me"

"Well I'm glad that's all settled then"

"Glad that what's all settled?" Ron asks as he approaches us and wraps his arm around my waist 

"Harry is hosting Christmas"

"Nice on mate" He smiles 

"We sold out of the puking pastel" George smiles as he comes over to us

"Guess a lot of students are wanting to get out of class then" I chuckle 

"This is amazing. Fred would've loved it" He smiles sadly

I take my wand out and walk over to the cash checkout I take one of the product's advertisement down from the pillar and use my wand to fill in the now empty space with a memorial plaque for Fred. 

"Thank you, it's beautiful" George smiles and hugs me 

"You're welcome, he deserves a place in here as well. It is his shop too after all." 

The last few hours go by pretty fast and the restocking takes place which takes up a further hour of our time. Once everything is all sorted we lock up and leave going back to the Burrow where after food me and Ron spenps the evening playing wizards chess.