Chapter Nine

[Sodapop story part mainly]

A New Beginning
Sodapop's POV

I watched as Rosabelle walked around the store trying to kill time.

She's so beautiful... I really need to stop.

Just because my girl left me, doesn't give me a right to scope out girls that probably is interested in your friends.

Teddy decided to walk around. I heard her whispering to Rosabelle. What are they saying.

Rosabelle POV

Teddy looked kind of sad...

"What's wrong?" I whispered

"I'm annoying. I know I gotta be. Sodapop doesn't like me. He clearly likes you. He's been staring at you since he got here" she crossed her arms, her whisper sounded like she gave up hope and wanted to cry about but she is too strong of a girl to cry.

"He doesn't like me, he's just staring nothing great" was all I whispered back before Steve interrupted us.

"What's ya ladies whispering about" he picked me up swing me around.

Sodapop's POV

See she clearly likes Steve she blushing right?

Two-bit walked through the door.

"Two-bit hey" I smiled

He smiled back "Two-bit" Rosabelle squealed.

I guess asking for help to be free from Steve grasp.

He walked over and was chuckled "Hey darlings what are you guys doing here"

I looked over to see Teddy just looked miserable.

Am I too harsh on her?

Two-bit helped get her away.

She smiled as she walked up to me.

"Sodapop where did my cousin go?" She asked.

"Cousin?" I questioned

"Janie" she added.

"Oh she went to my house to check on Ponyboy"

"Your kid brother?" She questioned

"Yeah, they are kind of a thing"

"So you're telling me, she's with a young guy? She seemed tougher than that ya know" she crossed her arms thinking.

"Atleast they are happy together right?" She questioned

"You know even though I just met her. She seems like she deserves something. I mean she witnessed my baby cousin die. Which is her brother" Rosabelle looked concerned

"They are happy don't worry, I didn't know Johnny was your cousin" I added

"Yeah, too bad things happened...I miss him" she looked at Two-bit and Steve having one on one.

"So who do you like out of them?" I asked her.

"What do you mean?" She asked.

"Like I can tell you like one of them." I spoken up closer to her so only she heard.

"I like Two-bit he's all around a funny guy. I think Teddy is starting to like him..." she looked disappointed.

I looked over..

Teddy is glaring at him funny.

"Maybe, do you want me to stop it?" I questioned

"Stop it how?" She questioned