Prologue: That Night

(Warning: there is one death. I didn't get too into the death scene part. So, don't worry. :-))

Today is Halloween, but unfortunately, my twin brother and I are too young to trick-or-treat yet. We just turned one this year, and our birthday was amazing! Papa is holding me in our living room, while mamma is holding my older twin brother. He is five minutes older than me, and I have a feeling that he will hold that over me when we age. My big brother looks like Papa with his pitch-black hair, but he has mamma's bright green eyes. For myself, I have different hair color, which is dark sapphire blue hair, then both of my parents, but I do have golden eyes, which is also different than my parents. If it isn't for the fact that mamma had me, I would think that I am not related to these people at all.
Papa starts making creepy, funny faces, which makes me laugh so hard that my porcelain skin turns a light shade of red. Mamma lightly scowls him to stop before I completely stop breathing from all the laughing. He stops, but he still has a huge smile on his face. As soon as the laughing subsides, I lean forward and give Papa a huge smooch on the cheek, which makes him laugh at the gesture.
"James, it's their bedtime," mamma softly tells Papa, and he nods his head, while I grab his glasses from his face. Chuckling at me, he stands up to take me upstairs, as I put the glasses on my face. He lays me down in my own crib that is next to my brother's crib. Gently, he takes his glasses from me and bobs my small nose. Closing my eyes, I snuggle up against my fluffy stuffed bear.
"Goodnight, Anastasia," mamma whispers to me, as she kisses my forehead sweetly. Her kiss and Papa's jokes bring a smile to my face when I fall into dreamland.
A loud shout wakes me up, and I almost start to cry, when there is another shout coming from downstairs. Slowly, I sit up that I learned to do just recently, I continue to listen to what is happening down the stairs. Glancing over my older twin, I notice that he is somehow still asleep, when I hear quick footsteps coming up the stairs.
Mamma barges into the room, slamming and locking the door behind her. Quickly, she picks my brother, who is now awake, and myself up into her arms. She tries to comfort my crying brother, but it isn't working, which makes me start to cry, because I don't know what is happening. All I know is that it can't possibly be good, because mamma looks like she is going to cry. Mamma kisses our foreheads, when there is a loud crash and the bedroom door is blown up with green light.
"I'll give you a chance to have your life just give me the children," a man hisses at mamma, while she sets us in brother's crib. She turns around and looks at the pretty man with black hair. Of course, she begs for him to spare our lives, but he doesn't seem very pleased by her begging. He says a couple of words that sound like gibberish to me, and a green light appears at the end of a stick that he is holding. Mamma falls to the ground with a scream, when the light hits her body. I start crying and reach out of the crib bars toward mamma, while my brother looks at the man in the doorway.
"Mamma!" I shriek my first word, but it falls on deaf ears. The man turns toward us, and raises the stick toward us. My brother hugs me close to him, and the green light heads toward us, but instead of falling like mamma, something different happens to us. It feels like a burning sensation in my mouth or throat, and I start to cry. Besides the mouth burning, another searing pain takes place on my cheek. It feels like someone scratching something into my skin, which makes me scream even louder. Looking over at my older brother through my tears, I notice that a scar is forming on his forehead. Finally, the pain goes away and the same light bounds back at the man making him scream in pain. He disappears and leaves us alone, while we still are bawling our eyes out. Before I black out from all the crying, I hear something or someone coming up the stairs.