Chapter 4: A Wolf In Sheep's Clothing

(This is dedicated to a reader of mine that goes by the name FrostedDusk. This person has helped me come up with a few ideas, and I hope that this person enjoys what I came up with.:-))

A shaking feeling makes me slowly crawl back to reality. Blinking my eyes open, I look to my left to see my twin looking down at me with a huge smile on his face. Confusion clouds my brain until I realize what day it is. Today is the day that we are going to Hogwarts. Jumping in excitement, I momentarily forget about our horrible family and I dance around the room. Since we got back from Diagon Alley, our aunt and uncle gave us Dudley's other room that usually holds the toys that he broke. My twin brother watches on with amusement as I continue to dance around the room. Grabbing his arms, we both start to just jump around, because we are leaving behind this horrible life and going to learn magic in a magical world. Come on, that is practically a fairytale or book right there.

"Come on, sister," Harry says to me, and we quickly grab our trunks from underneath the beds. Before leaving the room, Harry grabs his owl while I gently grab the cage that holds Nightshade. I hope that they allow me to bring my bird to this place, because as I was rereading the letter last night, I noticed that it only said, 'you may only bring an: owl, a cat, or a toad.' Nightshade is none of those things, but I hope they may allow this one little creature, because I have already fallen in love with my pet raven.

Surprisingly, our uncle is really happy to give us a ride to the train station at King's cross. I mean, after we came back from Diagon Alley everyone in this family has been ignoring us like we don't exist. We barely ate breakfast before Uncle Vernon practically drags us out of the house and into the blue van.

Grabbing our things, we watch as our uncle drive away leaving us in front of King's Crossing without so much as an idea on where to go inside the pretty large train station. Sighing, we walk into the station and grab two carts to rest our stuff on. Walking around, we start to look for Platform 9 ¾, but after spending a few minutes of people pushing past us, we decide to ask an adult that works here.

"Excuse me," Harry stops in front of a man in a uniform that looks like he works here, "Do you know where the platform 9 ¾ is?" The man looks irritated that my brother has asked him that question, and I tilt my head to the right slightly as I watch this transaction.

"9 ¾?" the man says while leaning closer to my brother so he can hear him above everyone else. My brother nods his head, and the man lets out an aggravated sigh, "Think you are funny, don't you?" he walks away while muttering 9 ¾ underneath his breath.

Harry looks at me, but I simply shake my head and look around at everyone else. Most of the people rushing around here are men and women in business suits with cellphones at their ears. Before I look back at my brother, my eyes land on a small family heading onto the train. A nice-looking mother and father with a little girl and boy. The mother is smiling while holding the little girl's hand as they walk towards the train. The boy is on the father's shoulders while laughing joyfully. My heart clinches inside my chest as I continue to watch the happy family. I wish my parents are still alive. Secretly, that wish has been inside my soul since I could remember. A gentle hand grasps my arm, and I look away to see my brother looking at me with concern. He looks over at what I was watching and looks back at me with sadness in his eyes. Pulling me into a tight hug, I take in his comfort as he rubs my back gently.

"This way to platform 9 ¾," a woman's voice makes us pull away from each other, and look towards the source of the voice. A plump woman with five kids, all six of them have bright ginger hair, walks through the crowd of people, "So many muggles today." We look at each other as we realize that she said the same word that Hagrid said when he first got us. Speeding after them with our carts, we watch from a little way away from them as they stop in front of a column between 9 and 10.