Chapter 8: Quidditch

Since the Halloween incident, my big brother has been keeping his word about not letting anyone get in-between us again. In fact, he has been constantly by my side and making me laugh whenever he can. He has been around me to the point that Draco only gets to spend time with me when I am in the common room or in the dining hall. I honestly feel bad that I haven't spent as much time with him as I used to, but I also want to spend time with my big brother. Finally, a week ago I gently inform my brother that I needed to spend time with my two friends and not just him. Surprisingly, he was understanding and allows me time to relax with my other friends. I am so happy about that not only because I can spend time with my friends but I can also get away from Ron.

Ronald Weasley, the little Weasel as I call him, absolutely does not like me at all. He was friendly at first when I met him on the train but ever since I was sorted into Slytherin, he has been acting like I was a bad person. I mean, I understand that a lot of bad people were sorted into Slytherin but that doesn't mean that we are all bad people. The Weasel has also talked bad about Draco and never apologized to Hermione. Except, even though he hasn't apologized to her, he treats Hermione like a friend and she has become friends with both my brother and Ron. I'm so happy that one of my friends have a lot more friends than just me but I also worry that she will forget about me. Every time that that worry pops into my head, I simply push it to the back of my mind and focus on the fact that she is happy.

Recently, Harry informs me about a really big discovery that he, Ron, and Hermione have found before Halloween. Apparently on the third floor, which is forbidden to students, is a giant three-headed dog that was standing on a trap door. When he tells me about the dog I instantly worry about the idea of a giant dog being in Hogwarts. I mean, a giant three-headed dog is in a school full of kids and adults sounds like trouble waiting to happen. My curiosity pushes all of those safety notions out of my head and makes me ask him what he thinks is underneath the trap door. Unfortunately, he doesn't have any clue about it and I don't know if that's a good thing or not.

I continue to think about what could be hidden underneath that trap door, and my big brother told me about that discovery a few days ago. A pair of arms hugging me from behind makes a smile grow on my face as I already know who it is. Turning around, I hold Draco in a warm hug as I push the thoughts away that are connected with the dog. My stomach makes a loud noise which makes both of us pull away from the hug; while Draco is chuckling at the noise I blush a crimson red. Taking my hand, he leads us out of the Slytherin's Commons while still laughing.

"Come on. Let's get your beast of a stomach some breakfast before it decides to eat someone," he says which makes me giggle and hide my mouth with my other hand. The rest of the walk is filled with chatter coming from other people, and I silently soak in all of the laughter. I don't know why, but when I hear laughing or squeals of delight it makes me feel happy and light-hearted.

Sighing one more time, Draco and I enter the dining hall and we went our separate ways. While he goes over to the Slytherin table, I walk over to the Gryffindor table to my friend and brother, who is sitting next to the Weasel. Inwardly rolling my eyes, I run over to Hermione and hug her from behind. I giggle and from underneath my giggles, I hear Hermione laugh. She pats my arms and I hug Harry, who isn't eating anything for some reason.

"Why aren't you eating anything, Harry?" I push that question into his head and he looks at me before turning back to the food.

"Today is my first Quidditch game," he replies and I nod my head in understanding. Making up my mind, I grab his fork and stab some egg with it before holding it up to his mouth. At first, he refuses to eat anything but finally gives in when he realizes that I'm not moving until he did eat. Giving him a smile, I give him his fork back and look over at Hermione, who gives me a high five. Before anyone can talk further, a dark shadow falls onto our little group. Turning around, I see that my head of the house is standing right behind me and is looking at me.