Chapter 6: Rescuing A Dear Friend

"I don't know about this, Anastasia," Draco says after reading my plan. Raising an eyebrow, I quickly write down 'this is the only way' on paper, I hand it over to him. Sighing, he nods his head at my statement, but doesn't look pleased with my plan. Smiling, I give him a quick hug before standing up from the Slytherin table. Everyone is still eating their dinner, and don't notice me standing. With a hint of nervousness, I walk over to the Gryffindor table and walk up to the one other friend that I have. Unfortunately, Hermione is sitting next to my brother and his friend. Tapping on her shoulder, she turns around and smiles at me. Thank the lord, she seems to still wantss be my friend.

"Do you know what the spell is to unlock doors and such?" I write down in my notepad before showing my friend the question. I know that she is the smartest person in this school, and I'm amazed that she is Gryffindor when she seems like a Ravenclaw to me. Looking at me with a question in her eyes, she nods her head and writes down the spell on the same piece of paper. Thanking her with a hug, I turn away but I stop in front of my brother. He looks at me and I swear that for a split second there was a smile in his eyes. Unfortunately, before I can fully see the smile, his eyes turn sad and then blank before looking away from me. Harry starts to talk to Ron, and Ron looks at me with distrust before talking back to Harry. Sadness crashes down into my small form, and I slowly walk back to the Slytherin table.

Sitting down next to Draco again, he hugs me slightly, and I realize that he must have been watching the whole exchange. Smiling slightly, I give him a reassuring pat on the back before showing him the spell. Sighing, he nods his head and says that the plan with start tomorrow. Hugging him again, I quickly eat my dinner and head to bed early, so I am ready for the escape act.

Unfortunately, I couldn't do the escape plan until Friday night. This setback is going to really make this a very close call, because from a little bit of snooping I learned that Nightshade will be sent back Saturday morning. Considering this key information, if this plan doesn't work then I will not get a second chance at getting Nightshade.

Draco and I sit in the Slytherin commons 'studying', while the other Slytherins start heading towards their beds for a good night's rest. Having the other Slytherins see us 'studying' is part of our alibi, because if Professor Snape immediately comes to us if this plan works, which it will and he will, then we can say that we were studying and people would agree with us. Once the last person heads off to bed, we wait an hour before Draco quietly heads up to the boys' dormitory and get his two friends.

Closing our books, I grab my cloak that I have been sitting on this whole time. Right as I strap it onto my back, Draco comes down the steps with Crabbe and Goyle in toe. Smiling at them, I open the portrait doorway, and quietly head toward Professor Snape's office.

The corridor is cold because of it being in the dungeons and because it is night. Standing a few feet away from the Professor's office, we look down and notice light underneath the door. Already prepared for this scenario, I look at Draco and he gets the hint with a nod of his head. He pulls Crabbe and Goyle down the hall to tell them what to do while I continue to watch the door.

A few seconds later, I feel Draco tug on my arm slightly, and we creep down the other hallway and turn a corner. Peeking around the corner, Draco nods his head and his friends look at each other before starting an argument with each other. Within minutes the argument escalated to the point that they are yelling at each other, and I can guarantee that everyone from here to the Slytherin dorms can hear these two argue. Instantly, Snape's door slams open and he storms toward the two boys. Thankfully, Draco and I are too far away to hear the words that Snape is saying to them, because I can see the boys' face drain of all color before Snape grabs them by their ear and pulls them down the hallway to Slytherin house.