Chapter 7: Halloween

Today is Halloween! I am so excited because Halloween is my favorite holiday. I'm curious as to how the wizarding world celebrates All Hallows Eve. Unfortunately, Draco informed me yesterday that we still have classes on Halloween which is a shock going through my head. At first, he didn't understand why I was so shocked, but after explaining to him that sometimes we get breaks off on holidays in Muggle schools he understood.

So, I slowly get up from my warm and comfortable bed and get ready for a day full of lessons. If I remember correctly, I believe that today Slytherin has charms with Gryffindor, which means that I'll have a class with my twin brother. He still isn't talking to me, and I've been crying myself to sleep from it for at least a month now. I still don't understand what I did wrong for my own twin to hate me. Draco keeps trying to reassure me that I did nothing wrong, but I think after a week of trying to convince me to no avail, he realized that I didn't believe him. I know that I did something wrong, because if it was someone else that did something wrong then why would he not love me anymore. It just doesn't make sense to me.

Shaking my head, I look up at my reflection in the mirror. My usually bright gold eyes are lifeless and puffy along with red. Anyone can tell that I have been crying, but no one says anything about it. The bright sapphire hair cascading down my head is now duller from the lack of sunlight. I have been favoring staying in doors instead of going out with everyone else. I think that I may have developed depression, and I feel so alone. The only thing that is keeping me from staying curled up in my bed is Draco and Hermione. They are my only friends, and they keep my mind from growing darker than it already is.

Voices and laughter from the girls' dormitory inform me that everyone is starting to get up for breakfast. Sniffling back the tears that are threatening to come out, I timidly walked out of the bathroom and down the stairs toward the commons where Draco is usually waiting for me.

A familiar ash blonde head is sitting on the couch in front of the fire place. With his back turned towards me, a plan forms in my head and a small smile crosses my pale face. Everyone files out of the room disguise my footsteps as I walk towards the couch. Right as I'm standing behind him, I cover his eyes with my hands while holding back a giggle. Unfortunately, a giggle escapes my lips and Draco starts laughing while holding onto my wrists.

"Let me guess," Draco says while trying to keep a straight face, "a girl with blue hair and gold eyes is behind me? She is also wishing me a Happy Halloween?"

Uncovering his eyes, I lean my head around his head so he can see me nod. Laughing, he stands up before walking around the couch and pulling me into a hug.

"Happy Halloween to you too," he says before grabbing my hand and walking us out of the Slytherin commons. The walk from the commons to the dining hall is peaceful and quiet but is soon interrupted when two identical red-headed boys rush towards us while laughing. Realization washes over me when I remember that these boys were the twins from the train station. I think their names are Fred and George Weasley. Sadly, before anyone can do anything the twins run into me, pushing all of us onto the cold ground. Groaning slightly, I feel the weight of two thirteen-year-olds on my small eleven-year-old body.

"Watch where you are going, Weasleys," Draco spits out and pushes them off me while I try to regain my breath. He gently helps me up, while the twins start to help each other off the ground.

"Sorry, we didn't see you there," one of the twins says to me, while they are looking sheepish at me. Draco is slightly glaring at them while making sure that I'm all right. I nod my head at them while giving them a reassuring grin.

"Are you all right, Ana?" Draco asks me, and I nod at him with the same smile. Pulling out my notepad from my pocket, I quickly write out 'why are you guys running?' before flipping it around for the twins to see it.