Chapter 11: Getting Detention

It is finally springtime and unfortunately, all of the snow has melted at this point. Sadly the happy memories that were made in the snow also melt along with it, but now it is springtime and that just means that I have to make more happy memories.

Ever since the Mirror of Erised, Harry and I have been unable to go back to the library to find any information on Nicholas Flamel. The only time that I have been able to look for information is when I'm in the library doing homework which, by the way, my brother doesn't do at all costs. Literally, the only time that my brother does his homework is when Hermione forces him to do it, along with the Weasel. Sorry, I'm starting to get sidetracked by my brother but I can't help it. I mean, come on! Its only like a page of homework for each class. I'll stop ranting now but I'll probably come back to it later.

Back to Nicholas Flamel, I still have that déjà vu feeling every time I hear or even think his name. I honestly re-read all of the books that I have already read before the Quidditch game and I haven't seen that name since. At this point, I feel like I am going crazy. Unfortunately, lately homework and tests have been taking up all of my extra time. Before I could look for the name while doing homework but now that is impossible to do.

Right now, Harry, Ron, and I are in the library doing our homework. Hermione is also in the library but she is simply looking at books instead of doing her homework. In fact, I believe that somehow she finished all of her homework already and I want to know her secret. I am exactly like her in the terms that we are both bookworms, we always raise our hands for questions(even though I can't speak), and I always do my homework. Except, she has all of her work done while I'm only halfway finished.

Sighing, I shake my head and focus back on the transfiguration paper that is in front of me. What does Professor McGonagall even mean with these questions?!? I am starting to get frustrated and I forcefully run my hands through my hair as I continue to stare at the paper. I wonder if there is a spell to make homework disappear into a dark abyss for all of the eternity. Usually, I am okay with homework, not happy but okay, yet this homework has tested my patience and absolutely destroyed it. As I start to dwell on my negative emotions, Hermione comes over to the table that I am sitting at with my brother and the Weasel.

"How could I be so stupid?!?" my brunette friend says as she slams a large book onto the desk surface. I smile at the distraction that my friend has brought me and I close the homework inside the book that I was using. I start to focus on anything other than the work because I really don't want my emotions to be sour for the rest of the day. I giggle slightly when I notice that the other guys quickly put away their homework as well as if they also needed this distraction.

"I checked this book out a couple of weeks ago for a little bit of light reading," she says as she opens the large book. Oh, my Godric! I forgot about reading this book with Hermione when we got the time! Oh, my Salazar! This book is the book that I have been looking for since the first Quidditch match. THIS book has the information about Nicholas Flamel that we have been searching for. My excitement goes into overdrive and I start bouncing in my seat as I grab onto Hermione's arm. She looks over at me as I continue to jump around in my seat, and she smiles at my happiness but her smiles turn into a glare directed at Ron when he says his next sentence.

"This," he says with his eyebrows rising up into his hairline, "is some light reading?!?" After he says that I also glare but then it quickly disappears because I will not allow him to ruin my newfound happy mood. It appears that Hermione silently agrees with me and focuses on the book in-between all of us. Helping out my friend, we flip through the book together until we reach the page that has the name Nicholas Flamel on it.

"Here it is," the brunette says as she runs her finger along the page. Clearing her throat she reads what the book says out loud, " 'Nicholas Flamel is the only known maker of the Sorcerer's Stone(also known as the Philosopher's Stone).'"