Chapter 2

"Welcome to the Team"

"I think you'd love to stay here,"  Chris said as he offered another red-petaled soup to Lumiere who was completely enjoying the bowl.

The air in the dining room was light but intense. The males were cautious but also free.

Unlike the only female sitting on one of their wooden chairs. Lumiere is not cautious or free. She's strained and held down by unknown chains, never visible to anyone. The males would exchange glances with each other when she hisses or glared but the female would look at them without evident reason. She's a lifeless vessel.

Lumiere doesn't mind them that much. It was a miracle that they made her stay until dinner. Just a bit awkward sitting at a table with the team members of a guy she hurted. They haven't called her names nor used foul words towards her.

"No, State your rules or whatever." She even uses her spoon to point aimlessly.

Winter, who was sitting on her right chuckled at this action. Winter, whose face has been an attraction for Lumiere's fancy. Winter, whose voice is shockingly deep for an kind open-faced guy.

"You're staying for soup." He pointed out.

Lumi made sure to finish her soup before she put down the bowl with a loud bang. Chris, the leader, was not bothered by them as he continued eating while the other members watched silently. The girl leaned in his direction with the silver spoon in her fingertips.

"Here, I like your face, pretty boy but I need you to shut your tatty mouth if you still want your eyeballs intact. You wouldn't want them carved up by this spoon, honey. Not if I can put it back." She sweetly whispered with an innocent smile on her lips. The members can only laugh secretly as Winter chokes on his food.

Chris tapped on their table twice to gain everyone's attention. A fair action of a leader.

"Look, Stay for tonight and I'll let you decide whether you want to stay or not. The decision is not in our team's hands.  We can't just let you go out of the door because we don't know what Sir Simeon's plans are. I can't risk my members. " He got a point.

Lumiere knows that the team has a close connection with each other. Even their eyes have the same sparkle.

Surely, they can't risk each other. Not just because of a newcomer that is supposed to protect them. It is because they know that Simeon is one sly piece of hell. He would certainly accuse the team. Of kicking his child out of their home, of opposing his command, of tossing his chess piece aside. Anything.

Just so he can hurt them.

Lumiere nibbled her nails to calm down which soon stopped when Mason filled her bowl with soup again. She shortly dug in letting the red liquid flow down her throat.

Convincing herself that it can be a perfect substitute for her needs for luscious crimson substance.

It can't.

Lumiere blew bubbles on her lips when she calmed down, "I can't risk your team too. I buried enough bodies to have an ocean of enemies. I planted enough sorrow on creatures that might come for me. What if I killed someone you guys loved? What if I was the one who was supposed to kill someone from the team? Or maybe even the team itself?" She fixes her position.

The males unconsciously mimic her movement.

"Here's the tip, stay as much as you can from me. Use me as your weapon or a shield-like everyone else, I don't have any objections to it. " She explained while directly looking right through the leader's eyes. It was cold and warm at the same time that Lumiere felt the emotions of its beholder.