Chapter 5

"Honest Eyes, Cold Lies"

Lumiere

My hands had become wet and stingy. I clenched my teeth and chanted, "Avlavo."

My hands were once again dry and roamed inside Sky's jacket, ready to pull out his gun as I glared at the Akane girl. Her grey eyes stared right back at mine. But it didn't mean that she was brave.

Lime moved as quickly as a lion in an offensive stance in front of the girl, dropping the ballpen to the ground. He's trying to keep her safe from me.

"You appear to be aware of my movements. You are aware that I would be bound by orders." I locked my gaze on him. "Then you must be aware of my sudden desire to kill as well." I saw the girl's hand clench into a fist, but she said or did nothing. Coward. "If you don't move, I'll shoot you both."

Lime's stance has hardened significantly since a few moments ago. This is a girl he adores. In a big way.

"Take this candy. It will help you relax." He said.

I cracked a bone on my neck as my patience wore thin when Lime spoke again. "Serpent's tears cause a poison-like effect even if it's already dried. Maybe her tears touched the ballpen and the poison transferred to my hands. It's not her fault!" He screamed that his emerald eyes lit up.

Demons...they smell danger when one comes. Some demons might be pirates before being sent to hell. They always have that treasure to pass from one lifetime to another lifetime. I don't believe in connecting lifetimes but this one that involves these monsters fascinates me. It exposes that even the demons have their weakness.  Demons are a danger themselves that they can be protective of their greatest treasure. Whether it may be a person or a thing. They would protect it until they die. Until their eyes lit up.

I backed up a bit with shaky legs.

"Vous ne voulez pas faire ca." 'You didn't want to do this.' I whispered to myself. My hands become twitchy too but my hands and the gun remain inside the jacket. With unstable hands and breaths, I closed my fists to reach for the candy.

The candy turned sweet but left a bitter aftertaste. I flopped on the floor as my body broke down cold sweats. "Salope, you better carry me after this."

Akane emerged from Lime's shadow and approached me while Lime went to the counter.  Maybe to get a new ballpen.

"Her uniform's on the lower left of my belongings," Akane said but Lime didn't answer. Instead, he asks a new question.

"Do you know what she is?"

"She's french," Akane sat beside my head. "And a demon with something. Or a witch. Something that goes under that umbrella."

"Demons always have something," I told her and she quickly agreed.

"Yeah, Lime got a tattoo right before his ass." The serpent said so I turned my head on her.

"You've seen his ass?"
"Not really. Just his naked upper body."
"Ah."

"Stop talking about my ass." Lime blushes. It doesn't suit him. I noticed a plastic in his grip. "Here's your uniform, Lu. Is it fine if I call you Lu? Whatever, I'll just call you whatever I want."