Chapter 9

"Knowing and Keeping"

"Make yourself c0mfortable." Chris commanded. Lumiere knew that the man's voice could make her scared. It didn't. It was warm and comforting. Like an older brother that cares for you.

She laid in Chris' bed and stared off the ceiling as the man sat in his table. The room have the same layout as Lumiere's and have the same pictures Mason does. The lights are dimly lit except the table light. They shared the silence of the night, rustling of the forest in front of the house. Chris collected a thick folder to give her.

He turned around and was in spun of surprise at the girl's posture, "Oh wow! You really made yourself comfortable." Chris sat in the bed beside Lumiere's hip.

"I didn't call your here to nag you about what you did in the canteen. Sir Theo contained the situation so nothing reached my ear. Winter didn't said anything so don't fight him, okay?" Lumiere squinted, heavy on her thoughts but Chris waited for her response.

"I'm here to fight with you. To fight for you. Not to fight you." She said tiredly and slightly irritated.

"Alright, now. I hope you don't mind." He said and handed her the papers while Lumiere didn't care to get up. The files covered her face, hiding the smile as soon as her eyes landed on the words.

It's her profile. Piece that contains her information. A file that have more than what Theo got them. Paper with datas the authority in House Mora didn't want to let them know.

The paper only have her initials and other vague subjects.

L.E.
Age : 17
Sex: Female
Body Count: 900+ and growing.
Threat: Engage with extreme caution or do not engage at all.
Skills: CLASSIFIED.

Timeline:
3 years old, starts training. No further information.
7 years old, joins Crepus Veneratus for 2 months. No further information.
7 years old and 2 months, missing. Assumed to ran away. No further information.
10 years old, summoned by father, Simeon Mora, holy vanguard. No further information.
10 years old and 2 weeks, granted the title Grand Marshal for her participation in the war with Humans. No further information.
15 years old, active. No further information.
17 years old, joins Golden Phoenix. No further information.

The last sentence is still fresh. It's not even a week since she was given the mission. The information group that Chris obtained these papers are fast. Too fast.

Chris' watched her with anticipation.

She turned to the next papers. They were all similar.

Mission Reports. The files have so much space Lumiere could laugh at how brief the details are.

Subject: General Augustus Slain
Mission: Successful.
Notes: No witness. No collateral damage.

Subject: Dubois Blanc
Mission: Successful.
Notes: No witness. No collateral damage.

Subject: Willow Walters
Mission: Successful.
Notes: No witness. No collateral damage.

There are more than 30 pages like this. Missions she did before about different people of different race and power. She could spend the time until the sun rises to finish the folder but Lumiere knew own work. Clean. No witnesses, no collateral damages. Always successful. It was what made her realize who sold her information. Lumiere shrugged. Business is business.