Chapter 3

"Morning Talks"

It was early in the morning and the house was surprisingly silent except for a few voices and a sizzling pan from the kitchen. There are also a few taps on the marbled floor made by a dragon's feet.

"We were originally 9. That explains why we have a prepared room for you. Chris picked everyone personally. I don't know how he did it because I came to their kingdom as an egg. Like a literal egg yet I still got picked." Pagkukwento ni Khal saka uminom sa basong nasa harap ni Lumiere. 

"Their kingdom?" She asked, not minding how Khal is stealing her juice.

This guy, Khal, is loud-mouthed. He seems careless by how his hands keep finding their way to Lumiere's shoulders. He didn't care about the obvious wall the female have. Lumiere knows the guy's origin by the shining blue to green scales on his arms. The same color of his eyes. A dragon. There's nothing notable on his face except the silver highlights of his hair and his smile as bright as the strands.

This time, another guy appears to answer her question. "Chris is a prince of a kingdom." He said while serving the girl a cup of tea. Only the three of them are in the kitchen as the other members are still in their rooms.

His name is Mason, a shapeshifter. The notable thing she notices is the small scar below his left eye. It is still fresh.

A day-old wound, she guesses.

His eyes were blue last night but it is black now. Last night, his eyes were in the same shade as Theo's but it's not pulling anyone in.

"Must be nice being a prince." She said in return as the smell of the unknown tea pleased her nose. A violet-colored tea. Almost the same color as lavender but with a deeper shade as mangosteen.

To Mason's surprise, she sipped in the cup with no hesitation.

"Bat ganyan ka makatingin? Feeling ko tuloy linagyan mo ng lason yung tsaa." Lumiere said casually and yawned from the light breeze of air.

Mason squinted his eyes, "You shifted." He leaned in. "Hindi ko alam kung ganyan ba talaga lahat ng babae o ikaw lang. Ang bilis mo magbago ng ugali. Nakakatakot ka."

Lumiere mocks Mason and also squinted her own eyes. "Nagugutom ako. Tanga ka lang."

Khal laughed hysterically insisting on a fist bump with Lumiere, which the girl lightly returned. The back door opened causing the three of them to turn their heads. As dramatic as one can be, Khal rushed to cover Lumiere's to avoid her from seeing a topless Math. The guy that welcomed Lumiere last night.

Math, the Alpha, stands proud of his body on their back door. His hair is black and styled with a simple undercut. His locks are not as long as the blonde guy last night but in the perfect length to be tied.

He casually pulled a white polo from the cupboard and sat beside Lumiere. "Well, Hello there. I almost forgot about you. How's your morning, kid?"

Lumiere gently flickers Khal's hands to see again. She furrowed her brows and faced him. "First of all, Don't do that again. I've seen enough bodies. Dead or alive. Clothed and naked." She turned to Math. "Second of all, It's fine to forget about me. I won't be here for every hour and I have a great good morning."

Math stared at her in return for a solid minute before returning to the tea Mason brewed for him. He sipped once. Twice. His eyes stay on the clay but his attention was obviously on the girl beside him.

"I heard that." The leader said from the stairs. His blazer lazily draped on his shoulders. He stole Mason's apple from a plate near the stove as he stood in front of Lumiere.