Chapter 10

"Sparks"

Lumiere

I learned that the realm doesn't always show the truth. Some parts of it are covered by half-truths, lies, and even double-edged words.

But this team is pure and true. I could see it. I could feel it.

I was high on guard when Simeon asked me to go with them. It only felt like a mission. Because It is. But these people made me feel at home better than the one I grew up in. They are warm, welcoming, and able.

I could not estimate their potential. It's vast. From how they develop their teamwork and their magical ability. Their abilities are restrained by invisible chains of being under my prying father but I know, I know they can fight.

"I hate you," Mason said as he ran past where I stood. Lime, Yuel, and Khal followed suit.

I could only laugh at them. Chris shouted as he watches from the rest area, "6 LAPS LEFT! MASON, AMOY ARAW KA NA!"

The rest of the members teased the running ducklings. I chose to tune them out.

See, this team has high potential with their abilities but I would not love to work with them in Human Realm. I can't say that I am disappointed but just like other creatures in this realm that have reliable magic power, they lack the physical strength to support it. What if we are in a situation where magic is unusable? So, I told Chris about it which is why the members have to make up for their lacking areas.

Everyone on the team has more than enough stamina but it is useless. Everything is useless when one doesn't know how to wield it properly. Mason, Lime, Yuel, and Khal cannot last in a situation where they have to move fast. They lack focus. They lack creativity.

That's the only thing my gut was screaming since I arrived. They have a missing piece. A hole to be filled up. A lost puzzle piece. A missing stroke in their perfect group image.

I could make up for it. I have what they are missing. At least for some time, I could help them and when the inevitable makes its way to the air, maybe, there's a chance of winning.

I closed my eyes as Mason and the rest finished their laps. When I open them, Winter stood in front of me.

Winter and I developed something. I could not put my finger on what precisely is it. I am smart enough to not put an exact label for it but it's special.

I sleep on his bed since the scent he has during those nights prevents nightmares. He was shy. I think. He tried to sleep in the bed in the room I was assigned but it woke me up. I believe that it was his scent that keeps the bad dreams at bay. He doesn't know that much, of course.

There's also Math. That motherf*cking alpha. He's annoying. Not in an actual sense.

He saw me in the bed with Winter and assumed things. He stayed silent for a few hours until Chris asked him what happened because he was awfully out of his character but it took him 2 days to tell us what he saw. Sky and Mason laughed at him. Sky for finding the alpha ridiculous and Mason for knowing but deciding to keep his silence. The bed was big. There's a good gap between us. Winter also goes to bed at the most unholy hours but that's none of my business. I'm only using him.